Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: my-wings
Forum: Books January 23rd 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By my-wings
Books value

"Joe Mc" wrote in message
I have a hb and dj in good condtion of The
Assassination of Joe...
Forum: Books January 13th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By my-wings
Error in "The Two Towers"

wrote in message
I recently purchased a 3 copy set of the Lord of the Rings at a local
bookstore. ...
Forum: Books January 9th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By my-wings
Greedy Booksellers

wrote in message
Over/hyperInflated prices for books on ebay and other web bookselling
sites,...
Forum: Books December 2nd 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By my-wings
Is it worth it?

This is only my opinion, but I would wait for a different copy of the book.
I suspect that a title in that price range will pop up on eBay some time in
the next 12 months. That's not to say that...
Forum: Books September 9th 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By my-wings
Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

"rand" wrote in message

"Ted Jones" wrote in message
Forum: Books September 2nd 07, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.marketplace.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.collectables,dfw.forsale,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Replies: 14
Posted By my-wings
FA: Old West Time Life Books Cowboys Indians Spanish VG HC

"Nigel Reed" wrote in message
Scot Kamins wrote:
I suggest an embargo.

I suggest...
Forum: Books July 29th 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By my-wings
Since we're discussing finds....

I'm not sure this qualifies as a brag, since I paid more than a nickel, but
I was quite thrilled with it.

A four volume set on the history of Milwaukee by James S. Buck, the first
two volumes...
Forum: Books July 29th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By my-wings
Great Day at the Book Sales - more Walter Scott

Congratulations on a wonderful day of prize-finding and satisfying detective
work!

Alice

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
A few weeks...
Forum: Books July 25th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By my-wings
Looking to buy book embosser. Suggestions?

"andycat" wrote in message
I strongly suggest you reconsider. Although I understand the appeal of a
nice embossed seal,...
Forum: Books July 1st 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 21
Posted By my-wings
Ever find interesting things in books?

Once I found

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote in message
I was unloading some books at my local Half-Price Books store this...
Forum: Books June 23rd 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By my-wings
A Major Brag - Waverley 1st

Congratulations on finding such a pair of gems!

Alice

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
I am in shock.
Forum: Books June 22nd 07, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By my-wings
Pricing a book that is not found for sale on the internet

You can research by looking for other books by the same author, or other
books in the same subject area, published at about the same time.

You could also put it up on eBay and just see what it will...
Forum: Books June 19th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By my-wings
New Books With Rough Page Edges

"Scot Kamins" wrote in message
In article ,
Barbara...
Forum: Books June 19th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By my-wings
New Books With Rough Page Edges

"jadel" wrote in message
On Jun 16, 9:23 pm, "my-wings" wrote:
"jadel"...
Forum: Books June 17th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By my-wings
New Books With Rough Page Edges

"jadel" wrote in message
On Jun 16, 1:58 am, "John" wrote:
Hope my subject described...
Forum: Books June 16th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By my-wings
Washed Books ?

"Walter Traprock" wrote in message
"John R. Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote:

Forum: Books June 15th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By my-wings
Washed Books ?

" wrote in message

By the way, the cut-out in the title page is to remove the...
Forum: Books May 24th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By my-wings
Cheap Bookshelves

"Some Guy" wrote in message

It's doubly moot, since my partner unfortunately passed away in March at
the...
Forum: Books May 21st 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By my-wings
Cheap Bookshelves

IKEA does have some great stuff, but I'm just gonna guess -- since the
original post was made on January 28 -- that it's a moot point by now.

Alice
May 21, 2007

"marcusdave"...
Forum: Books May 12th 07, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By my-wings
lookiong to start a collection

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
yelrambob wrote:

thanks for youre help i didnt even think about being to broad with my
topic and...
Forum: Books May 12th 07, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By my-wings
New postage rates?

"David Ames" wrote in message
Visiting the Postal Service web site, I don't see any provision for
Media Mail...
Forum: Books May 12th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books

"yelrambob" wrote in message
thanks for youre help i didnt even think about being to broad with my
topic and...
Forum: Books May 12th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By my-wings
Where is the best library search website?

"RS" wrote in message
I'm wondering what the best library search website is. That is, which
website...
Forum: Books April 20th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By my-wings
Value of UK first of "The Last Coyote" and other Connellys

"Booked" wrote in message
Thank you for the 2 thoughtful answers to my previous post re values
of firsts, eBay, dealers....
Forum: Books April 20th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By my-wings
OT (maybe not!) Real & Perceived Values of First Editions, eBay, booksellers

Some of my comments may echo others who respond:

"Booked" wrote in message
OK, I hope someone here (especially a book...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 69