Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 4.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: howard
Forum: Coins October 17th 11, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By howard
Let's go on the washer standard (paise)

Having been to India 4x in the past 8 years, (my son was living/ working
there), I started collecting coins of India.
Paise coins (still have a lot of them) in very small denominations. Some of
my...
Forum: Coins August 13th 11, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By howard
$100 Bills

In the 1970's when I was a "wholesaler" and buying for re-sale, a stack of
"C" notes talked very loudly.
I would go to my supplier and fan out on his desk 20 to 30 of them, and
negotiate a "one...
Forum: Coins July 11th 11, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By howard
Coin dealer's heirs await ruling

although I have not been following this thread......is it possible a
"statute of limitations" may be invoked?

Is your/my/ours all omnipotent government above the law......oops dumb
thought, I...
Forum: Coins July 10th 11, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By howard
PCGS just one more post about penny stock

One not so obviously a spammer name is HOWARD........
Once again, if you type in the name of the company, to seek a quote, it is
far from a penny stock!
See my earlier post for a link.
I am...
Forum: Coins July 9th 11, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By howard
PCGS not A PENNY STOCK!

If you are looking for a stock quote..........type in the name (Collectors
Universe) it is not an otc penny stock!

Be careful, the first time looked for the quote, it did come up as a penny...
Forum: Coins May 15th 11, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By howard
Dealers: How do you handle buying back merchandise? With an example.

It is like you want insurance to cover a loss, without paying any premiums
for that insurance.

Perhaps the "dealer" could have been more tactful, or offered you a "deal"
on something else, such as...
Forum: Coins April 25th 11, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By howard
Chinese fakes intercepted at ORD

One can only imagine that this is a very, very few of the coins they
counterfeit.
I was in HONG KONG a few years ago, and a vendor in an outdoor market had
many sleeves of 8 coins, such as pieces...
Forum: US Stamps November 6th 10, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.collecting.stamps.us
Replies: 0
Posted By howard
need advice

I have 100's of MINT US STAMPS
SHEETS
PLATE BLOCKS
BLOCKS
SINGLES
PANES
and more.

Starting from the 1930's to the 1970's (appx)
Forum: Coins October 1st 10, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By howard
What Has Happened To Ebay??????

look at the BIN fees compared to the 9% fee up to $50.00

anything over $100.00 has lower BIN fee than the 9% up to $50.00 for the
"regular" auction

Forum: Coins June 21st 10, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By howard
1970 small date cent

THANKS RICHARD

more sets to check for me
Forum: Coins June 19th 10, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By howard
1970 small date cent

Jerry,

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Howard
Forum: Coins June 18th 10, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By howard
1970 small date cent

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/howie97394/1970smalldate2photo.jpg

My 70 year old eyes are not sure if this is a "winner"

any help would be appreciated

TIA

Howard
Forum: Coins December 17th 09, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By howard
Kinda off topic (free listings)

still a bit more off:
BEWARE of the " 5 FREE LISTINGS "

read the fine print.
8.5% all the way to a maximum of $20.00

do the math........see where the break even point is for listing price to
keep...
Forum: Coins November 2nd 09, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By howard
PLEASE: original us mint price on SILVER PROOF SETS

need the price on:

2002 and 2000 us mint silver proof sets (the full ones, not the state
quarter ones)

TIA

howard
Forum: Coins October 20th 09, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By howard
Using prez-bux

no teeth around it......looks like really bad gums
Forum: Coins August 1st 09, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By howard
trade for PRESIDENT ROLL 2007 JOHN ADAMS

N. F. String wrapped with name
NO BANK UN-MARKED ROLL

will swap for Washington OR Jefferson OR Jackson
also N.F. String wrapped

Will ship in padded envelope anywhere in the USA

Howard
Forum: Coins May 16th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By howard
Who the hell is this PBGS?! Any connection to PCGS?

any chance (of course you paid with a credit card) of not accepting it and
starting a "non-received" complaint with the CC company.
not exactly their fault, but the fault of the "new shipper"
end...
Forum: Coins March 16th 09, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By howard
FA: 2/3 thaler and 2 ancients

not sure how to create a hot link, below is the ID number of one of three
auctions

230331363226 (ebay id number)
henneberg 2/3 thaler

also have gordian and roman denarius that I asked about a...
Forum: Coins March 4th 09, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By howard
GOLDEN EAGE COINS (dealing with)

Any warnings or input about dealing with them
Located in Maryland

TIA Howard
Forum: Coins February 28th 09, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By howard
anyone using BLUJAY?

Have a few items (coins) posted there.
Is anyone here using it to buy or sell.
Seems prices are a bit higher than EBay.....which is strange as there are no
fees.

Howard

who will be listing his...
Forum: Coins February 23rd 09, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By howard
"odd" silver coins "junque"

About 2 years ago, I auctioned off most of a collection from the above
mentioned "grandfather".
In the collection was a small old plastic soap box with a small piece of
green paper that matched the...
Forum: Coins February 22nd 09, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By howard
got a few more "odd" silver coins

Thanks for the input on my THALER. It may go to ebay today or tomorrow
I have a few more odd foreign coins (JPG's) to share with this group.
This group of "junk" came from a friend's grandfather...
Forum: Coins February 20th 09, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By howard
THALER :NICK

many thanks for your time and expertise.

I agree about the "value" of counterfeiting a coin that may never have
enough value to
be worth the time and effort.

I have a "funny" WL half, that sure...
Forum: Coins February 19th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By howard
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97