CollectingBanter

-   Card discussions (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Damanged base card? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18782)

BlackJet76 August 27th 03 05:38 AM

Damanged base card?

I got a dual base card from 2003 UD MVP. Now the base on the card look like it
was cut down the middle with an knife but that the cut didn't go all the way
through the base. IS that possible? Anyone else noticing something similiar in
the base cards?

Anthony Myers 22 August 27th 03 07:21 PM

I got a dual base card from 2003 UD MVP. Now the base on the card look like
it
was cut down the middle with an knife but that the cut didn't go all the way
through the base. IS that possible? Anyone else noticing something similiar
in
the base cards?

have you heard of a "seam"?

I reject all civilized notions of taste, decorum, manners and hygiene

Ron B. August 31st 03 04:52 AM

On 27 Aug 2003 04:38:41 GMT, (BlackJet76) wrote:

I got a dual base card from 2003 UD MVP. Now the base on the card look like it
was cut down the middle with an knife but that the cut didn't go all the way
through the base. IS that possible? Anyone else noticing something similiar in
the base cards?

"Damanged?". That must be another modern hobby term. Otherwise, why
would you use it?

Not only is a what you describe possible, I'd say it's almost
inevitable if a base bag is left in play long enough. A lot of dudes
are sliding into it with cleats. It's even possible that the cut came
during the manufacturing process, when they were cutting it down to
size for cards.

Ron