CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   bad ebay seller (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=174927)

Jim Seymour May 23rd 06 05:05 PM

bad ebay seller

wrote:
This seller,undalbert84, is charging $22.99 shipping for 1 sliver
eagle. His auctions are total ripoffs. His feedback looks pretty
suspicious, too. could someone look into this guy and report him? I
have no idea how to do something like this.

At the bottom of every eBay auction is a "Report this item" link.

Click on that, select "Listing policy violations", "Circumvention of
eBay fees", and "Excessive shipping and handling".

Click the "Continue" button and then the "Email us" link if you want to
report the item to eBay.

--
Jim Seymour

Mr. Jaggers May 23rd 06 07:19 PM

bad ebay seller

"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
This seller,undalbert84, is charging $22.99 shipping for 1 sliver
eagle. His auctions are total ripoffs. His feedback looks pretty
suspicious, too. could someone look into this guy and report him? I
have no idea how to do something like this.

At the bottom of every eBay auction is a "Report this item" link.

Click on that, select "Listing policy violations", "Circumvention of eBay
fees", and "Excessive shipping and handling".

Click the "Continue" button and then the "Email us" link if you want to
report the item to eBay.

--
Jim Seymour

You are so sorrect, Jim, but how long did it take for you to find that? The
average guy, I think, would not expect the "excessive shipping" rubric to be
where it is. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Mr. Jaggers

Jim Seymour May 23rd 06 08:03 PM

bad ebay seller

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
You are so sorrect, Jim, but how long did it take for you to find
that? The average guy, I think, would not expect the "excessive
shipping" rubric to be where it is. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Heh. "sorrect". It's like being correct and sorry at the same time.
How appropriate... :-)

eBay added the "Report this item" link quite recently, if I recall.
However, the first couple of times I used it, it was not obvious that
you had to do the final "email" click to actually file a report.

They seem to want to take you to a page where they explain the rules,
rather than easily allow you to report.

(Still... It's an improvement over the previous method - where you had
to find the report form buried deep in the online help system and then
type the item number into a box).

--
Jim Seymour

Mr. Jaggers May 23rd 06 08:42 PM

bad ebay seller

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
You are so sorrect, Jim, but how long did it take for you to find
that? The average guy, I think, would not expect the "excessive
shipping" rubric to be where it is. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Heh. "sorrect". It's like being correct and sorry at the same time. How
appropriate... :-)

Ugh. I hate it when that happens...

eBay added the "Report this item" link quite recently, if I recall.
However, the first couple of times I used it, it was not obvious that you
had to do the final "email" click to actually file a report.

They seem to want to take you to a page where they explain the rules,
rather than easily allow you to report.

(Still... It's an improvement over the previous method - where you had to
find the report form buried deep in the online help system and then type
the item number into a box).

I've used that form a few times, and usually use the "copy" function to
pluck the item number out of the listing and then drop it onto the form.

Mr. Jaggers