CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The encounter with my philatelic youth (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322565)

Victor Manta October 12th 13 06:41 PM

The encounter with my philatelic youth

Searching for some philatelic information, I reached by chance the eBay's
site and there I landed on two auctions in which were offered two of the
most exciting issues of my youth. They were the Romanian's Post (RP) issues,
formerly called "World Cosmonauts" and "Tokyo Summer Olympics", issued in
1964, when, aged 20, I already was a collector with some experience.

Although I no longer collect Romanian stamps, I could not help it and I
launched myself into the "adventure", finally winning both auctions at
actually quite low prices.

I present on my new page the sets that I won so unexpectedly, in a beautiful
Sunday morning. After I won them, however, I was slowly invaded by memories
of that troubled, 50 years old times, which memories I try to share with
readers of all ages.

For more please read:
http://www.marci-postale.com/History...ears-after.htm

--