CollectingBanter

-   Pens & Pencils (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Survey: Upon Crossing Over to the Orange Side (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=247847)

Bluesea[_3_] April 25th 08 05:33 AM

Survey: Upon Crossing Over to the Orange Side

It's taken me several years, but I finally saw the wisdom of Her Royal
Orangeness and ordered a bottle of Conway Stewart Orange and a bottle of
Noodler's-made-for-Swisher's Apricot Orange today.

Which prompts this survey:

What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

The Drunken Lord[_2_] April 25th 08 07:12 AM

Survey: Upon Crossing Over to the Orange Side

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:33:58 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

It's taken me several years, but I finally saw the wisdom of Her Royal
Orangeness and ordered a bottle of Conway Stewart Orange and a bottle of
Noodler's-made-for-Swisher's Apricot Orange today.

Which prompts this survey:

What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

There's not but one that I know of that's really orange:

Diamine Orange (plain orange)

But how about letting us know about those you ordered.

Thanks.

Bluesea[_3_] April 25th 08 10:46 AM

wrote:

It's taken me several years, but I finally saw the wisdom of Her Royal
Orangeness and ordered a bottle of Conway Stewart Orange and a bottle of
Noodler's-made-for-Swisher's Apricot Orange today.

Which prompts this survey:

What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

There's not but one that I know of that's really orange:

Diamine Orange (plain orange)

Thanks, that's good to know.

I was looking at the Diamine Orange at
http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_...&colour=yellow,
but the sample at Pendemonium appeared different and I was ordering from
Swisher, anyway, to get a Kaweco ED. I'm figuring if I get either or both of
them looking anything close to an apricot (fresh or dried) or an orange or a
mandarin orange, I'll be happy.

But how about letting us know about those you ordered.

Thanks.

Sure, will do.

Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_] April 25th 08 10:12 PM

Bluesea wrote:
What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

I have a bottle of the (no longer made) Private Reserve Tangerine Dream.

Its oranginess is unsurpassed.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"

The Drunken Lord[_2_] April 26th 08 05:37 AM

Survey: Upon Crossing Over to the Orange Side

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:12:33 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

Bluesea wrote:
What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

I have a bottle of the (no longer made) Private Reserve Tangerine Dream.

Its oranginess is unsurpassed.

The new Tangerine Dream--the orangeness is definitely surpassed.

Juhapekka Tolvanen[_2_] April 26th 08 01:37 PM

Deirdre Saoirse Moen writes:

Bluesea wrote:

What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

I have a bottle of the (no longer made) Private Reserve Tangerine Dream.

Its oranginess is unsurpassed.

They reformulated it and then brought it back:

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks...rineDream.html

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Boku wa ongakuka dentaku katate ni. Ta****ari. Hiitari. Sousa ****e.

Juhapekka Tolvanen[_2_] April 26th 08 01:53 PM

"Bluesea" writes:

What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

I have tried just two orange inks, Noodler's Ink Cayenne and Caran
d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron.

I like that Caran d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron very much. It is
just basic orange and very bright. It is neither too yellow nor too red.

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks/CDA/CDA.html

Noodler's Ink Cayenne is just red with very tiny hint of orange. I am
going to try out their more yellow orange inks.

Bluesea[_3_] April 30th 08 09:40 AM

Survey: Upon Crossing Over to the Orange Side

"Juhapekka Tolvanen"
m.invalid wrote in
message ...

"Bluesea" writes:

What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

I have tried just two orange inks, Noodler's Ink Cayenne and Caran
d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron.

I like that Caran d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron very much. It is
just basic orange and very bright. It is neither too yellow nor too red.

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks/CDA/CDA.html

That's really nice, although darker than what I want.

Noodler's Ink Cayenne is just red with very tiny hint of orange. I am
going to try out their more yellow orange inks.

I considered Cayenne and Habanero and decided they would be too red for me.
If you get Summer Tanager, please post a review.

Bluesea[_3_] April 30th 08 09:43 AM

"Deirdre Saoirse Moen" wrote in message
Bluesea wrote:
What is/are your favorite orange ink(s) and why?

I have a bottle of the (no longer made) Private Reserve Tangerine Dream.

Its oranginess is unsurpassed.

I missed it. Despite Satrap's best efforts, I just couldn't kick into orange
mode at the time it was available.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

titanic cruise? I think not much safer on a ruby yacht May 29th 08 12:06 PM

Survey: Upon Crossing Over to the Orange Side

I never met an orange I didn't like.

WELCOME TO HERE, Bluesea!!! We will now sacrifice apples, and call it
"pie".
bwahahahahaa!