CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Before and after. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=194328)

note.boy November 14th 06 03:09 PM

Before and after.

Have a look at how this note looks now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-BRIT...mZ270054906088

This is how it looked when it was bought off eBay a few months ago.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/4/5...26162318_o.jpg

I leave you to come to your own conclusions. Billy

Sibirskmoneta November 14th 06 03:17 PM

Before and after.

"note.boy" wrote in message
Have a look at how this note looks now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-BRIT...mZ270054906088

This is how it looked when it was bought off eBay a few months ago.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/4/5...26162318_o.jpg

I leave you to come to your own conclusions. Billy

Oughtta get your bid in and buy that fresh warshed linen. I bet it even
reaks of lye.

chaox01 November 14th 06 04:01 PM

Before and after.

Looks like it had been washed. But, on the other hand, it could be
caused by the scanner.

note.boy November 14th 06 04:53 PM

Before and after.

I wish that your suggestion was correct but where have the wrinkles gone to,
particularly the large horizontal one at centre left.

If the note has not been cleaned then the image may have been "improved"
after scanning. Billy

ups.com...

noteworthy November 14th 06 07:24 PM

Before and after.

It depends completely on whether the image has been scanned or
photographed. By placing the note in a mylar holder and pressing it
between something flat for some time and then photographing it rather
than scanning there can be a remarkable improvement of the image. (I've
done it with some rare early low grade notes that I wanted images of
for a website).

note.boy wrote:
I wish that your suggestion was correct but where have the wrinkles gone to,
particularly the large horizontal one at centre left.

If the note has not been cleaned then the image may have been "improved"
after scanning. Billy

ups.com...