CollectingBanter

-   Pens & Pencils (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   1810-1910 pencil, Hartford Fire Insurance Co (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=259647)

Col Sneakly November 2nd 08 10:08 PM

1810-1910 pencil, Hartford Fire Insurance Co

I pick up this gold pencil, it has the Initials J.W.B. engraved into the
gold part holding pencil. How would I find the owner of them Initials?

Pencil looks to never have been sharpened, no dents, looks very nice,
worth anyone. 8-)

Col Sneak

Brian Ketterling November 3rd 08 07:24 AM

1810-1910 pencil, Hartford Fire Insurance Co

In ,
Col Sneakly wrote:

I pick up this gold pencil, it has the Initials J.W.B. engraved into the
gold part holding pencil. How would I find the owner of them Initials?

The real question is, how badly do you want to know? If you're determined
enough, nothing is impossible (they say). You could start by finding your
local historical society, see if they have city directories from the
circa-1910 period, and look for insurance agents with those initials. You
might learn some interesting things about your town along the way...

Pencil looks to never have been sharpened, no dents, looks very nice,
worth anyone. 8-)

....but even if the primary search isn't a wild goose chase, the answer won't
add anything to the eBay value.

Brian

Col Sneakly November 3rd 08 09:38 PM

1810-1910 pencil, Hartford Fire Insurance Co

Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
Col Sneakly wrote:

I pick up this gold pencil, it has the Initials J.W.B. engraved into the
gold part holding pencil. How would I find the owner of them Initials?

The real question is, how badly do you want to know? If you're determined
enough, nothing is impossible (they say). You could start by finding your
local historical society, see if they have city directories from the
circa-1910 period, and look for insurance agents with those initials. You
might learn some interesting things about your town along the way...

Hi, and thanks,

For starters it was found in Michigan not Connecticut.

Pencil looks to never have been sharpened, no dents, looks very nice,
worth anyone. 8-)

...but even if the primary search isn't a wild goose chase, the answer won't
add anything to the eBay value.

Ebay value is really not my worry, I paid $.25 and feel it should go for
100 to 200 dollars and perhaps more? I can't lose if I get only a buck
should I sell.

Col Sneak

Brian