CollectingBanter

-   Autographs (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Secretarials? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3827)

Beverwyk March 7th 04 07:06 PM

Secretarials?

Hi guys, I've read of a few stars that are known to send out secretarials.
Just out of curiosity, do you guys send stuff to them anyway? Obviously
there's no real monetary value to them, and that's not what I'm into
collecting for, but do you guys find any personal value to these? I'm just
thinking maybe it would be neat to have them, even though I know it's not real
and I was curious about your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Patrick

ThreeLilMillers March 7th 04 07:34 PM

Why in the world would it be "neat" to have a secretarial signature?!

Bcoton March 7th 04 08:02 PM

I know some people send away for secretarials for comparison purposes. If you
are looking to buy an item and already know what the secretary's signature
looks like, it would be easier to authenticate. I cant tell you how many John
Travolta secretarials (and exact pictures) are on ebay.

dahoov2 March 7th 04 09:15 PM

Yep. I kept a Carrie Fisher secretarial and actually traded for a
ford Preprint for this reason. It's good to have a few things in the
collection so you can help others. But I make sure to list them as
such. I don't write to have them in the collection because its like
the real thing. To me, a secretarial is worthless.

Gummby3 March 7th 04 10:53 PM

Oh boy! You went and said it didn't you? You mentioned Travolta and
secretarial in the same sentence... lol

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net
Autograph Authentication Guide
www.star-collector.net/authenticationguide.htm

"Bcoton" wrote in message
I know some people send away for secretarials for comparison purposes. If

you
are looking to buy an item and already know what the secretary's signature
looks like, it would be easier to authenticate. I cant tell you how many

John
Travolta secretarials (and exact pictures) are on ebay.

---

Barefootmk March 8th 04 12:38 AM

why, travolta will tell you to your face that his sister signs his mail...isn't
that good enough reason NOT to send to him?

Bcoton March 8th 04 01:11 AM

I was hoping no one would catch that :)
Dangerous waters...