CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Catalog for UK postal stationery (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=183447)

Barry Moss August 12th 06 08:32 PM

Catalog for UK postal stationery

I recently bought a couple of UK areogrammes and was surprised to find that
my Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise catalog didn't have any listings
for postal stationery. Can someone point be towards another catalog that
would have these listings?

Thanks,

Barry Moss

Blair (TC) August 13th 06 03:45 PM

Barry Moss wrote:
I recently bought a couple of UK areogrammes and was surprised to find that
my Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise catalog didn't have any listings
for postal stationery. Can someone point be towards another catalog that
would have these listings?

Thanks,

Barry Moss

Barry:

I don't know about Gibbons, but here are some GB aerogramme
references.

Kessler, F. W. Kessler's Catalogue of Aerograms.
Volumes I and II, 1961; Volume 3, 1969.

Godinas, Francois. World's Air Mail Catalogue of Aerograms
and Air Post Stationery, 1964.

Higgins & Gage, World Postal Stationery Catalog,
Classic Philatelics, various years.

Huggins, A. K. British Postal Stationery,
The Great Britain Philatelic Society, 1970.

Lee, O. R. J. British Forces Air Mail
Letter Cards & Air Letters, 1988

Jennings, P. Aerogrammes (Great Britain), 1973.

Van Gelder, P. J. The Collectors' Guide to Postal Stationery
(Great Britain), 1997.

Blair

Jeffry L. Johnson August 15th 06 12:01 PM

Catalog for UK postal stationery

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:32:56 -0400, Barry Moss wrote
(in article ):

I recently bought a couple of UK areogrammes and was surprised to find that
my Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise catalog didn't have any listings
for postal stationery. Can someone point be towards another catalog that
would have these listings?

There's also Michel Ganzaschen-Katalog Europa West.

Douglas Myall August 15th 06 05:21 PM

Catalog for UK postal stationery

"Jeffry L. Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:32:56 -0400, Barry Moss wrote
(in article ):

I recently bought a couple of UK areogrammes and was surprised to

find that
my Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise catalog didn't have any

listings
for postal stationery. Can someone point be towards another

catalog that
would have these listings?

There's also Michel Ganzaschen-Katalog Europa West.

The Complete Deegam Machin Handbook has a 20-page illustrated appendix
dealing with postal stationery bearing the Machin design.

You can e-mail me for further details at:

but replace globe with world. The Pipex address will not work.

Douglas

Roy Richardson October 20th 15 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Moss (Post 428678)
I recently bought a couple of UK areogrammes and was surprised to find that
my Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise catalog didn't have any listings
for postal stationery. Can someone point be towards another catalog that
would have these listings?

Thanks,

Barry Moss

Postal Stationery of Great Britain by T Brightmore pub. 1981 has listing up to 1979, I have a complete listing from 1941 to end of production 1999