CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Can anyone explain what is meant by the term: "Graded PCGS *XC46" (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=323750)

[email protected] August 11th 16 02:50 AM

Can anyone explain what is meant by the term: "Graded PCGS *XC46"

when the encapsulated coin (a large cent) is graded by PCGS as VG10?
Also seen under this listing on eBay:
1883-O Dollar Morgan Silver GSA - Graded *XC46
(but with no actual grading by anyone)

The *XC46 puzzles me as it's seems to only be used by M. Barr Antiques

Ken

Ken Barr August 17th 16 09:38 AM

Can anyone explain what is meant by the term: "Graded PCGS *XC46"

In article ,
wrote:

when the encapsulated coin (a large cent) is graded by PCGS as VG10?
Also seen under this listing on eBay:
1883-O Dollar Morgan Silver GSA - Graded *XC46
(but with no actual grading by anyone)

The *XC46 puzzles me as it's seems to only be used by M. Barr Antiques

It appears to be a location code ... most of this seller's items have a
code in the title consisting of a star, one or two characters and a
two-digit number. "XC" is probably the storage box the item is in and
"46" is probably the item number within the box.

The "Graded" in the title is probably an editing error -- given the
number of items the seller has for sale, he undoubtedly uses a listing
template and edits the title and description as necessary. It looks
like he forgot to delete the word "Graded" when editing this listing.

[No relation to M. Barr, at least as far as I know ...]

--
Ken Barr Numismatics Â* Â* Â* Â*email:
P. O. Box 32541 Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* website: Â*

Ken[_5_] August 17th 16 11:59 PM

Can anyone explain what is meant by the term: "Graded PCGS *XC46"

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 1:38:15 AM UTC-7, Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the reply.
Ken
Class of 1968 and 1969 SJS (or SJSU now)