CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 480 Help! (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324883)

flipper March 11th 19 08:18 PM

Rockola 480 Help!

I have a 480 rock that the displays won't work. floresant OK ....juke works
fine but no displays at all. fuse are fine Any help would be appreciated where to look thanks

John Robertson March 11th 19 08:42 PM

Rockola 480 Help!

On 2019/03/11 1:18 p.m., flipper wrote:
I have a 480 rock that the displays won't work. floresant OK ....juke works
fine but no displays at all. fuse are fine Any help would be appreciated where to look thanks

Get a good quality manual, check fuses, check power for display at the
display. If the machine works otherwise that is the starting point.

Did display work until recently or did it never work for you?

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Norman Macrae March 12th 19 02:44 PM

Rockola 480 Help!

On Monday, 11 March 2019 20:42:45 UTC, John Robertson wrote:
On 2019/03/11 1:18 p.m., flipper wrote:
I have a 480 rock that the displays won't work. floresant OK ....juke works
fine but no displays at all. fuse are fine Any help would be appreciated where to look thanks

Get a good quality manual, check fuses, check power for display at the
display. If the machine works otherwise that is the starting point.

Did display work until recently or did it never work for you?

John :-#)#

As John says, the manual will help you but try and get one that includes the large fold-out schematic, as originally supplied by Rock-Ola. At a guess, I would say the problem is likely to be the display controller chip in the profit setter. The good news is that there are two of these chips used in the hit tracker, which in home use is usually redundant - so you can do a swap. I bought a replacement chip maybe a couple of years ago, so they were still available then, although not particularly cheap!

Norman.

flipper March 15th 19 10:22 PM

Rockola 480 Help!

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 4:18:17 PM UTC-4, flipper wrote:
I have a 480 rock that the displays won't work. floresant OK ....juke works
fine but no displays at all. fuse are fine Any help would be appreciated where to look thanks

That's great help Thanks I've got the original rockola schematic somewhere.
but need to switch those chips first ... Patrick