CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   nice find (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=130830)

Sly May 27th 05 01:41 AM

nice find

found a really nice shape 1922 5 dollar bill in a book at my grand parents
house tonite, looks new, like it was put in the book yesterday

Anita May 27th 05 02:52 AM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 00:41:45 GMT, "Sly" wrote:

found a really nice shape 1922 5 dollar bill in a book at my grand parents
house tonite, looks new, like it was put in the book yesterday

Wow! I love finds like that, not so much for the money, but for the
find itself.

Anita

WJW May 27th 05 08:06 AM

It's like stepping back to 1922. You may be the first person to open
that page in all these years. Cool find congrats!

Edward McGrath May 27th 05 04:01 PM

Dude send that $5 bill in to be slabbed you may have hit the jack pot.

Sly May 27th 05 09:10 PM

where could i send it? im not sure i intend to sell it but it'd be nice to
keep it in good shape, incedentally, im amazed the acid in the pages of the
book didnt discolor the note, maybe because the book was old as well?

bri May 27th 05 10:27 PM

"Sly" wrote in message
where could i send it? im not sure i intend to sell it but it'd be nice to
keep it in good shape, incedentally, im amazed the acid in the pages of

the
book didnt discolor the note, maybe because the book was old as well?

There's a company called CGA--don't think they have a web site but I did
find this info--
Currency Grading: Currency Grading and Authentication Inc (CGA).
Fees are about $25.00 per note. Information may be obtained from Cyrgalis at
PO Box 141235, Staten Island, New York 10314-008. or call (718) 983-5899
Or you could take it in to a coin dealer--they should be able to send it in
for you.
As far as the book goes--what kind of book was it? If it's as old as the
money it could be worth something too depending on it's shape and rarity.
I knew someone who also found some old currency inside and even older book
and the book was worth way more--something to consider. HTH

Brian Blackwell May 28th 05 01:55 AM

"Sly" wrote in message
where could i send it? im not sure i intend to sell it but it'd be nice to
keep it in good shape,

CGC has hard plastic holders http://www.cgc.biz

CGA has a soft plastic holder http://www.cganotes.com

Both PCGS and NGC are now grading notes so if you are a member of either's
club, you might check with them.

Brian