CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   1933 Mercury Dime (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=24487)

john July 28th 03 12:56 AM

1933 Mercury Dime

No official ones were struck by the Mint, of course, but a 7-foot one
was created for a production of _42nd Street_. There are a couple of
photos in the print edition that are not on the Web site (the L.A.
Times isn't very photo generous).

I'll scan the photos in the paper and try to post them to a.b.p.n.

john

'42nd Street' mints a coin for the realm of dancers
http://www.calendarlive.com/stage/cl...?coll=cl-stage

Registration (free) is required to view the article.

john July 28th 03 08:04 PM

(john) wrote in message . com...
No official ones were struck by the Mint, of course, but a 7-foot one
was created for a production of _42nd Street_. There are a couple of
photos in the print edition that are not on the Web site (the L.A.
Times isn't very photo generous).

I'll scan the photos in the paper and try to post them to a.b.p.n.

john

Oops. Can't post to a.b.p.n. through Google Groups. If anyone wants
to post the .jpgs, I can e-mail them to you (40k and 46k). Let me
know.

john

Bill Krummel July 29th 03 05:27 PM

"john" wrote in message
om...
(john) wrote in message

. com...
No official ones were struck by the Mint, of course, but a 7-foot one
was created for a production of _42nd Street_. There are a couple of
photos in the print edition that are not on the Web site (the L.A.
Times isn't very photo generous).

I'll scan the photos in the paper and try to post them to a.b.p.n.

john

Oops. Can't post to a.b.p.n. through Google Groups. If anyone wants
to post the .jpgs, I can e-mail them to you (40k and 46k). Let me
know.

john

John, you may have already been offered help, but, if not, I can provide
space. You may email the jpegs to me. Bill

JSTONE9352 July 31st 03 01:22 AM

http://www.calendarlive.com/stage/cl...7858484.story?

coll=cl-stage

Registration (free) is required to view the article.

The prop was probably thrown out long ago but if it turned up it would be

a neat collectable. (Where would you
display a 7 foot coin?)