CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Art on stamps. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=273664)

rodney June 4th 09 01:59 PM

Art on stamps.

Behind this rather spacy, moody pastel "view of the zoo"
by Fermin Eguia, an Argentinian, lies a very bizarre and
captivating artist.
http://cjoint.com/data/geo1ZweHmL.htm
It's a pity wiki has nothing on him, I find him strangely captivating
apart from a few small images on the web, and a Youtube
I think Victor should devote a page to him :)

Victor Manta June 5th 09 10:13 AM

The Colors of Sistine Madonna. Was: Art on stamps.

"rodney" wrote in message
Behind this rather spacy, moody pastel "view of the zoo"
by Fermin Eguia, an Argentinian, lies a very bizarre and
captivating artist.
http://cjoint.com/data/geo1ZweHmL.htm
It's a pity wiki has nothing on him, I find him strangely captivating
apart from a few small images on the web, and a Youtube
I think Victor should devote a page to him :)

A book about this artist can be found on eBay: FERMÍN EGUÍA. Obras 1965-2005
(Paperback) by Laura. Malosetti Costa (Author)

After having found his work of art named "Pintura" (1974):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maudbue...es/1873453333/

I have decided to not follow your advice, Rodney. I suppose that you will
agree with me on this :-)

May I propose you instead my latest Art on Stamps page, named The Colors of
Sistine Madonna:

http://www.artonstamps.org/Countries...ine-colors.htm

I hope that you like this classical painter too, even if you may disagree
with some of my comments on the discussed New Caledonia stamp.

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Blair[_2_] June 5th 09 12:33 PM

http://www.artonstamps.org/Countries...ine-Madonna/si...

I hope that you like this classical painter too, even if you may disagree
with some of my comments on the discussed New Caledonia stamp.

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps:http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization:http://pwmo.org/
Romania by Stamps:http://marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps:http://reds-on.postalstamps.biz/
Spanish North Africa:http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/

WOW! A souvenir sheet for Ralphael's 500th Birthday.
I knew that he was the OLD one, but not THAT old.

8*)

Blair

rodney June 5th 09 01:00 PM

The Colors of Sistine Madonna. Was: Art on stamps.

I hope that you like this classical painter too, even if you may disagree
with some of my comments on the discussed New Caledonia stamp.
Victor Manta

No, I would agree. The Barbuda stamp is the best.
No matter how talented the old masters were, they all struggled with babies
imho.
Raphael's here, is the best I have seen, though a tad large.