CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Star Notes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322308)

Bremick April 29th 13 05:38 PM

Star Notes

Is there any short term collector premium value on modern star notes that
are nice but not crisp new? Every few months or so I run across a clean $20
star note and am tempted to keep it. Are stars less common today that say
20 years ago?

Frank Provasek April 30th 13 11:09 PM

Star Notes

On Apr 29, 11:38*am, "bremick" wrote:
Is there any short term collector premium value on modern star notes that
are nice but not crisp new? *Every few months or so I run across a clean $20
star note and am tempted to keep it. *Are stars less common today that say
20 years ago?

The tour guide at the Fort Worth BEP plant here says far fewer notes
are spoiled after
printing than ever before. I can't recall getting a star note in many
years in commerce, although I imagine
most collectors still would reject anyting other than CU.