CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   removing inscriptions (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=161819)

Robert Harmon January 30th 06 08:18 PM

removing inscriptions

My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

TIA
--
Remove "Z" to reply via email.

Kris Baker January 30th 06 08:25 PM

removing inscriptions

"Robert Harmon" wrote in message
.191...
My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is
inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

TIA
--
Remove "Z" to reply via email.

She must be a recent "ex". Maybe you should just leave
things alone for a long time, and the sweetness of the gift
will return.

Kris

fundoc January 30th 06 08:33 PM

removing inscriptions

"Robert Harmon" wrote in message
.191...

My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is
inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

When I want to remove remnants of a broad I generally use Johnnie Walker
Black and a little water, applied liberally. Although this one time I had to
resort to penicillin. Also applied liberally. HTH.

TIA
--
Remove "Z" to reply via email.

Al Smith January 30th 06 08:41 PM

removing inscriptions

My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

TIA

At least you didn't get her name tattooed on your butt. Consider
yourself lucky.

Bud Webster January 30th 06 08:48 PM

removing inscriptions

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:18:49 GMT, Robert Harmon
wrote:

My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

Robert, there are ink eradicators, although none of them are as
effective as you'd probably want. There are also ink erasers, but
they can damage the paper if you're not extremely careful.

If you really, really want to do away with these no-doubt painful
reminders, you could find adhesive labels large enough to cover them
and opaque enough to prevent them from being seen. But I suspect that
none of that will do any good - if you're anything like me, the
slightest trace of anything will bring back a flood of unhappy
memories.

Sorry, pal, but much as I hate to say it, you may have to live with
it.

Shelf Space January 30th 06 09:32 PM

removing inscriptions

Robert Harmon wrote:
My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

TIA
--
Remove "Z" to reply via email.

You could try fixing vintage or attractive bookplates over the
inscriptions.

CB

Francis A. Miniter January 31st 06 03:07 AM

removing inscriptions

Kris Baker wrote:

"Robert Harmon" wrote in message
.191...

My 'x' gave me many books over the years (good girl). Each one is
inscribed
in ink with date, my name, her name & a note (bad girl).

Are there any products or home concoctions that will remove these? These
are not for resale but their value to me is lessened by this defacement.

TIA
--
Remove "Z" to reply via email.

She must be a recent "ex". Maybe you should just leave
things alone for a long time, and the sweetness of the gift
will return.

Kris

I like this answer!

Francis A. Miniter