CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A game everyone can play (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=320067)

Jan-Martin Hertzsch[_2_] December 11th 11 10:41 PM

A game everyone can play

On 05/12/11 21:45, wrote:

... I think I have received mail from Germany and Belgium in the past
4-6 years with either only pre-Euro stamps or wich mixed pre-Euro and
Euro-denomninated ones. ...

I cannot say anything regarding Belgium, but German pre-Euro stamps
were declared invalid shortly after the new currency was introduced.
You could, however, exchange DM (or Pfennig) stamps for Euro (or Cent)
ones. Only German stamps denominated in Euro or in both Euro and DM
are still valid.
However, since the newer German stamps do not show the currency
unit any more, it is possible to mix up old (Pfennig) and new
(Euro-Cent) stamps if you do not look at the year of the issue.

Jan-Martin