CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   cross reference index for scott-gibbons stamp catalogues (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=114493)

gordon curry April 3rd 04 09:17 PM

cross reference index for scott-gibbons stamp catalogues

I come across stamps for sale with stanley gibbons catalogue numbers, but
only have scott catalogues. Does anyone know if there is a cross reference
online? If not, where could I buy some sort of book with this information
without buying another set of catalogues?

Eric Bustad April 5th 04 08:10 PM

gordon curry wrote:
I come across stamps for sale with stanley gibbons catalogue numbers, but
only have scott catalogues. Does anyone know if there is a cross reference
online? If not, where could I buy some sort of book with this information
without buying another set of catalogues?

There are limited cross-reference lists available online, but no
comprehesive list is available because the catalog publishers consider
the numbering systems to be their property and particularly object to
cross-reference lists. Stanley Gibbons would prefer that you buy a copy
of their catalog. Nevertheless, some do exist. What country or
countries are these stamps from? Knowing that, we *might* be able to
point you to the information that you are looking for.

= Eric

Mark Hill April 9th 04 02:35 AM

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:17:22 -0600,
gordon curry wrote:
I come across stamps for sale with stanley gibbons catalogue numbers, but
only have scott catalogues. Does anyone know if there is a cross reference
online?

You could use http://www.gbstamps.co.uk for GB stamps. They list both
catalogue numbers against each stamp.

--
Mark Hill (devnull address not read)
GPG KeyID: 4A3B58AC

Jerry Bodoff April 9th 04 09:12 AM

"gordon curry" wrote in message ...
I come across stamps for sale with stanley gibbons catalogue numbers, but
only have scott catalogues. Does anyone know if there is a cross reference
online? If not, where could I buy some sort of book with this information
without buying another set of catalogues?

Hi Gordon,

If you are interested I have two cross reference tables for the Argentina
Departmental issues. One table is arranged by Scott-SG and the other
SG-Scott. They are not for general publication as the catalog numbers are
proprietary and I do not have written permissions from either Scott or SG.

Howeever, for your own personal use, I can send you the tables if you
have any interest in them. Send me your email-address to:

with a subject line of GordonCurry-Tables. This is a Yahoo Guard
account and in general any emails to this account may be automatically
deleted unless I know explicitly from whence the e-mail was generated.

Jerry B.