CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Currency featuring Pea Fowl (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=253178)

[email protected] July 20th 08 01:08 AM

Currency featuring Pea Fowl

Greetings,

Is anyone aware of paper notes that feature Pea Fowl?
I shall start of with this one (only one that I know of).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MACEDONIA-BANK...em180266541073

I presume the bird with the long tail is a Pea Cock.

Anyone know any others.

Thanks

Dave July 20th 08 02:03 AM

Currency featuring Pea Fowl

There is a beautiful note published in the French community with a peacock
on the back - I think all of these are essentially the same design - see
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CALEDONIA-ND...QQcmdZViewItem
for an example

Djibouti P7
New Caledonia P-37
New Hebrides P-6
Tahiti P-13
French Indochina P-49

Dave

Owen W. Linzmayer July 20th 08 04:26 PM

Currency featuring Pea Fowl

Earlier Burmese notes also have peacocks, such as this:

http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/banknotes/burma/bur038_f.jpg

On 7/19/08 5:08 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

Greetings,

Is anyone aware of paper notes that feature Pea Fowl?
I shall start of with this one (only one that I know of).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MACEDONIA-BANK...RCULATED_W0QQi
temZ180266541073QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item1802665410 73

[email protected] July 20th 08 06:27 PM

" wrote:
Greetings,

Is anyone aware of paper notes that feature Pea Fowl?

Also Sri Lanka P-90 1000 Rupees 1981 and P-107 1000 Rupees 1991, 1992

http://tomchao.com/as/as35b.html

[email protected] July 27th 08 01:04 PM

Currency featuring Pea Fowl

Hello Folks,