CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best of Life Magazine (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=323439)

Paul November 5th 15 06:26 PM

Best of Life Magazine

In the 1970s I remember a very large lavishly illustrated book containing the best if Life magazine. However I cannot remember the title, and when I search for "Best of Life" magazine the only result I get is for the much smaller book, "Best of Life" 1973, 294 pages.

Can anyone please help and identerfy the larger book?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

nyres November 7th 15 01:29 PM

Best of Life Magazine

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 12:26:15 PM UTC-5, Paul wrote:
In the 1970s I remember a very large lavishly illustrated book containing the best if Life magazine. However I cannot remember the title, and when I search for "Best of Life" magazine the only result I get is for the much smaller book, "Best of Life" 1973, 294 pages.

Can anyone please help and identerfy the larger book?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Could it be:

Life the First Fifty Years, 1936-1986 Hardcover - October 1, 1986

314 pages

many available on amazon when you click below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031...ls?ie=UTF8&me=

michael adams[_2_] November 17th 15 12:32 PM

Best of Life Magazine

"Paul" wrote in message ...
In the 1970s I remember a very large lavishly illustrated book containing the best if
Life magazine. However I cannot remember the title, and when I search for "Best of
Life" magazine the only result I get is for the much smaller book, "Best of Life" 1973,
294 pages.

Can anyone please help and identerfy the larger book?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

There was a subscribers Special Edition also published in 1973
measuring 12 x 23

From Bookfinder

Hardcover
Publisher: Time-Life, 1973
Hardcover. Used - Very Good Very Good in Very Good dust jacket Light wear on DJ Weight
5lbs .
Folio 13"-23" tall; 302 pages.

Bookfinder - enter "The Best of Life"

the subscribers edition is half way down the list

michael adams