CollectingBanter

-   Pens & Pencils (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324064)

[email protected] October 8th 17 01:28 PM

The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen.

Note the image here - do you see it?? :)

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/ENW0YN/orde...ral-ENW0YN.jpg

On Saturday, 2 October 1999 08:00:00 UTC+1, Edward Hyde wrote:
The following couplet appeared weekly in the Oban Times newspaper
(Scotland) for very many years. It was an advert for MacNiven and
Cameron, wholesale stationers, Edinburgh and I think the Camerons were
related to the then proprietors of the Oban Times.

"They come as a boon and a blessing to men,
the Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen".

These, I believe were nibs for dip pens. Has anyone had dealings with
them?
--

Ed.