CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Catalogue blindness. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=273750)

rodney June 7th 09 06:26 AM

Catalogue blindness.

Alongside the "junk stamp" cinderella,
I believe there should be a stamp that celebrates catalogue blindness.

Could I have some assistance here please?
http://cjoint.com/data/ghhxdEdCJB.htm

very difficult to find with the simplified gibbons.

Just the year will suffice if you are a Scott afficianado.

[email protected] June 7th 09 08:24 AM

Catalogue blindness.

G'day Rodney,

From a 'Scott afficianado'. Best I can do is as follows ( box
coincides to each stamp in you photo ):
-------------------------- --------------------------
North Vietnam North Vietnam
Nov 30, 1970 Sep 23, 1958
Sc 614 Sc 80
-------------------------- --------------------------

-------------------------- --------------------------
Vietnam North Vietnam
May 1, 1957
Sc 307 (can't find)
-------------------------- --------------------------

Jerry B

Tony Vella June 7th 09 08:52 AM

Catalogue blindness.

Hi Rod:
Top left [snake] November 25, 1975
Top right [resistance movement] September 23, 1958
Bottom left [woman with produce] May 1, 1967
Bottom right ???

Hope this helps some.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

rodney June 7th 09 10:34 AM

Catalogue blindness.

Thanks Boys!

for SG collectors, the SG numbers for all of them...............
http://cjoint.com/data/ghlHhxL2Wq.htm

rodney June 7th 09 10:44 AM

Catalogue blindness.

Apologies, the green and buff resistance is SGN91 (was a typo)

Peter Baumann[_2_] June 7th 09 11:03 AM

Catalogue blindness.

Tony Vella schrieb:
Hi Rod:
Top left [snake] November 25, 1975
Top right [resistance movement] September 23, 1958
Bottom left [woman with produce] May 1, 1967
Bottom right ???

Hope this helps some.

Bottom right - North Vietnam duty-stamp from 1966.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

rodney June 7th 09 11:12 AM

Catalogue blindness.

Duty?
SG has it as Section "C" general issues, Pete.

"Peter Baumann"
Bottom right - North Vietnam duty-stamp from 1966.

Ryan Davenport June 7th 09 12:04 PM

Catalogue blindness.

rodney wrote:
Duty?
SG has it as Section "C" general issues, Pete.

"Peter Baumann"
Bottom right - North Vietnam duty-stamp from 1966.

And Scott has it as an Official. (Dienstmarke for Peter, perhaps
that's what he meant anyway.)

Ryan

rodney June 7th 09 02:21 PM

Catalogue blindness.

OK thanks, I'll take your word for it,
working to the simplified is very basic.

"Ryan Davenport"

Blair[_2_] June 7th 09 04:19 PM

Catalogue blindness.

"rodney" wrote in message

Alongside the "junk stamp" cinderella,
I believe there should be a stamp that celebrates catalogue blindness.

Could I have some assistance here please?
http://cjoint.com/data/ghhxdEdCJB.htm

very difficult to find with the simplified gibbons.

Just the year will suffice if you are a Scott afficianado.

Tony is correct on #1. It is Scott 792.

Blair