CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mystic Stamp Company bastards! (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=115131)

asdf September 13th 04 02:15 AM

Mystic Stamp Company bastards!

I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

asdf September 13th 04 02:27 AM

asdf wrote:

I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

Imagine this... right from http:/www.bbb.org

"Our records indicate a pattern of complaints from consumers who
report receiving unordered merchandise and problems with
credit/billing procedures."

A.E. Gelat September 13th 04 03:31 AM

The law allows you to keep any unordered merchandise with no obligation.
Instead of throwing them out, perhaps you could have given them to a young
collector, but without Mystic's name, so that he couldn't go to them to be
scammed.

Tony

link.net...

Grandpa September 13th 04 04:39 PM

Did you contact them for a catalog or similar? Almost any contact with
them will net you 'approvals' which is what you are getting. If you
didn't then someone else did in your name. After maybe 6-8 mailings
from them that you return they stop sending stuff. At least they pay
for the return postage unlike most places with 'approvals'.

FWIW, they do have a really nice catalog!

Grandpa

Dave September 13th 04 09:22 PM

"asdf" wrote in message
link.net...
I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

Contact the USPS postal inspectors. Let them know that this company
is giving you a ration of unsolicited BS.
Dave

asdf September 14th 04 02:27 AM

A.E. Gelat wrote:
The law allows you to keep any unordered merchandise with no obligation.
Instead of throwing them out, perhaps you could have given them to a young
collector, but without Mystic's name, so that he couldn't go to them to be
scammed.

Tony

"asdf" wrote in message
link.net...

I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

Not knowing anything about stamps and due to the fact that
Mystic Stamp Company was scamming me I assumed they were
probably fake.

Grandpa September 14th 04 02:35 AM

Dave wrote:
"asdf" wrote in message
link.net...

I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

Contact the USPS postal inspectors. Let them know that this company
is giving you a ration of unsolicited BS.
Dave

Hmmm, something tells me that ASDF is a TROLL & spammer. Only one post
to this NG and thats a lot of trouble to go thru just to whine about one
company. Would you go thru that trouble to post? Doing an advanced
Google for his entire email addr shows him in boatloads of different NGs.

James R. Jones September 14th 04 03:37 AM

Personally I have purcahsed many stamps from Mystic, probably a bit high
on price but when you live in the middle of nowhere you take what you
can get. I have never had a problem of anykind with them. They were
always more than helpful and took care of the wantlists that I forwarded
back to them.

Rodney September 14th 04 12:02 PM

It in no way condones their apparent behaviour in this case,
however, Mystic did once go into bat for collectors once,
(and no doubt their own gains as well) when they deposited a bond
of $100,000 on appeal of the USPS when they were about to destroy
5.2 million sheets of the "Legends of the west" when they apparently
placed the wrong portrait of the legendary black cowboy Bill Pickett.

They certainly need to be able to defend themselves, what if some
person had an agenda with "asdf" and applied for the stamps
on his behalf just to stir the pot?

I am not aware of the outcome, whether the stamps were destroyed or not,
but it was certainly hi-jinx there foor a while.

asdf September 14th 04 02:11 PM

Rodney wrote:
It in no way condones their apparent behaviour in this case,
however, Mystic did once go into bat for collectors once,
(and no doubt their own gains as well) when they deposited a bond
of $100,000 on appeal of the USPS when they were about to destroy
5.2 million sheets of the "Legends of the west" when they apparently
placed the wrong portrait of the legendary black cowboy Bill Pickett.

They certainly need to be able to defend themselves, what if some
person had an agenda with "asdf" and applied for the stamps
on his behalf just to stir the pot?

I don't think that is the case based on what the Better
Business Bureau had to say about them...

"Our records indicate a pattern of complaints from consumers who
report receiving unordered merchandise and problems with
credit/billing procedures."

The BBB also indicates that most all of the complaints
are resolved, however resolving it in these cases means
all they had to do was say "Ok, we won't send him any
more unrequested merchandise".