CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=323916)

flashbk13 April 16th 17 08:11 AM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

Hi all,
I just bought a very nice, Homeowner only use C110. The problem is it immediately ejects the tape (either player, there are 2 in the mech, 1 for each side) as soon as it loads. Also, which player is for side 1, and which way does the label face to have the proper side loaded? All other functions seem to work. I have the manual on order, but thought i'de ask in here while I wait for it to come in. Thank you, Rick

John Robertson April 16th 17 05:03 PM

On 2017/04/16 12:11 AM, flashbk13 wrote:
Hi all,
I just bought a very nice, Homeowner only use C110. The problem is it immediately ejects the tape (either player, there are 2 in the mech, 1 for each side) as soon as it loads. Also, which player is for side 1, and which way does the label face to have the proper side loaded? All other functions seem to work. I have the manual on order, but thought i'de ask in here while I wait for it to come in. Thank you, Rick

I hope you ordered the manual from us...if so you would have noticed the
tape drive replacement belts offered as well which is most likely your
problem. If the tape drives do not work then the tape is ejected
immediately.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

flashbk13 April 17th 17 09:52 AM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

Hi John,
Thank you for the reply. I have a manual (from another vendor, sorry) coming in, but did notice you have the belts (which I will be ordering, didn't see the manual on your site somehow). While waiting for the manual, I did pull the mech and low and behold, the belts have turned to tar! How do I safely clean off the tar from the plastic pulleys and how do I remove the cassette players to chg the belts? I could partially get them out after removing the thumb screws, but there are other linkages attached as well and I don't want to mess up the alignment or break something. Thank you, Rick.

John Robertson April 17th 17 07:30 PM

On 2017/04/17 1:52 AM, flashbk13 wrote:
Hi John,
Thank you for the reply. I have a manual (from another vendor, sorry) coming in, but did notice you have the belts (which I will be ordering, didn't see the manual on your site somehow). While waiting for the manual, I did pull the mech and low and behold, the belts have turned to tar! How do I safely clean off the tar from the plastic pulleys and how do I remove the cassette players to chg the belts? I could partially get them out after removing the thumb screws, but there are other linkages attached as well and I don't want to mess up the alignment or break something. Thank you, Rick.

Hi Rick,

No problem about the manual. It is pretty simple.

You will have to extract the players, the manual shows how to do this
properly.

Then clean the goop off with Goo-Gone or similar mild solvent. We have
used Varsol. Do NOT use Acetone unless you are desperate as that may
damage plastic parts (and your lungs). Experiment with any cleaner using
a Q-Tip and make sure the solvent doesn't get on anything it shouldn't.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

flashbk13 April 17th 17 08:23 PM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

Thanks John. I ordered (last night) the belt kit from you :) look fwd getting them to see if this juke does what it should (besides the players, everything else seems to work). I take it this does not have a credit accumulator? Seems like you can only select 1 cassette at a time with none in the Que? Thank you, Rick.

flashbk13 April 17th 17 08:25 PM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

Fortunately, the pinch rollers and rubber around the reel tables seems ok (not hard or cracked) :) Rick.

John Robertson April 17th 17 09:14 PM

On 2017/04/17 12:23 PM, flashbk13 wrote:

Thanks John. I ordered (last night) the belt kit from you :) look fwd getting them to see if this juke does what it should (besides the players, everything else seems to work). I take it this does not have a credit accumulator? Seems like you can only select 1 cassette at a time with none in the Que? Thank you, Rick.

You can select all sides of all tapes.

From the manual:

CREDIT UNIT
(Refer to Figure 2)
Top unit inside the rear door. No adjustments needed unless unit is
reassembled after a repair or unit adds up incorrectly. Check coin
switches first in the event of double credits.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

flashbk13 April 22nd 17 10:01 PM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

Hi John,
the belt kit came in today (Sat 4-22-17), thank you for the fast shipping :) Now I can get this back together and see how it really works and sounds, Rick.

flashbk13 April 23rd 17 08:59 AM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

Well, this c110 now plays as it should (almost) after the new belts (thanks John), some lube and a little coaxing :). The heads are mirror like and the pinch roller was still black, no brown tape line on it, just a little old dirt on the capstans (now clean). I don't think this was ever used. Everything inside was very clean (save for some dust). This was bought new in the crate in '72 and put into a house, never on location!
The one small problem I have is with deck (side)2 player. at the end of the tape (after fwd), the motor does not stop and eject the tape (most of the time), I have to cancel it to complete the cycle. Tape (side 1) is fine. The manual does not seem to cover this problem. Any ideas how to correct this (make it more sensitive)? All else works as it should after 45 years sitting unused? Thank you, Rick

flashbk13 April 23rd 17 09:04 AM

TECH. wurlitzer C110 cassette jukebox help please

OK, now another question: since this has 2 mono players, why a stereo amp with 2 external speakers out and 2 sets of stereo/mono sws.(one on the pre-amp and one the power amp? makes no sense to me? Rick.