CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Spain queries. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=208947)

Rod March 18th 07 09:37 AM

Spain queries.

The 1870 set engraved by eugenio julia,
does this feature an allegory of "Spain"
or is it an image of Queen Isabella?
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjBlddBsa.htm

This stamp bears the 3 horizontal lines
consistent with Spanish "remainders" stamps.
I cannot find it anywhere, it appears to me to be
the Duke of Aosta.
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjpu7jpCh.htm

The back of the king alfonso12 stamps
1878-1882 seem to all have have this printing
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjHgsZUQr.htm
Is this security printing? control numbers?

Thanks.

Rod March 18th 07 12:09 PM

Spain queries.

The back of the king alfonso12 stamps
1878-1882 seem to all have have this printing
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjHgsZUQr.htm
Is this security printing? control numbers?

Apologies,
it was the 1875 issues. thus:
"On the back of each stamp is a rectangular frame
enclosing a dotted background in the centre of which
in an uncoloured rectangle, cantaining a number, all in blue.
the numbers range from 1-100, the number of stamps on the pane."

Gerhard Reichert March 19th 07 02:08 AM

Spain queries.

Hi Rod schrieb:
The 1870 set engraved by eugenio julia,
does this feature an allegory of "Spain"
or is it an image of Queen Isabella?
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjBlddBsa.htm

This stamp bears the 3 horizontal lines
consistent with Spanish "remainders" stamps.
I cannot find it anywhere, it appears to me to be
the Duke of Aosta.
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjpu7jpCh.htm

The back of the king alfonso12 stamps
1878-1882 seem to all have have this printing
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjHgsZUQr.htm
Is this security printing? control numbers?

Thanks.

Sir Rodney,

here You can find some information for the second one:

http://www.raster.it/stefano/a/stamps/stamps191-200.htm

Michel does not list this item, so I think, it is a nonissued item.

I saw this stamp, and others, often.

kind regards

Gerhard

Gerhard Reichert March 19th 07 02:14 AM

Spain queries.

Rod schrieb:
The 1870 set engraved by eugenio julia,
does this feature an allegory of "Spain"
or is it an image of Queen Isabella?
http://cjoint.com/data/dsjBlddBsa.htm

snip

Hello again,

Michel Catalogue for Western Europe shows it as Number 97, described as
"Hispania (symbolic) with wall-crown".

No hint to Queen Isabella there.

Kind regards

Gerhard

Rod March 19th 07 04:52 AM

Spain queries.

Thanks Gerhard,
Stefano was my next step :)

King Amadeo had a hard time indeed, and eventually
left, suggesting the Spanish were "ungovernable"

I have two other 10c lilac stamps with "POSTES" at the
top, with no country name, (diamond spot cancels)
I have been searching for also.

Thanks for the other advice, "Hispania" suggests to me allegoric,
similar to "Italia"

thanks for your efforts on my behalf.
Cheers.