CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   best way to sell valuable collectable books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=293418)

mcnewsxp June 23rd 10 01:52 PM

best way to sell valuable collectable books

i have a couple of leather bound sets of mark twain and edgar rice
burroughs. i would like some tips on selling these sets.
tia,
mcnewsxp

Francis A. Miniter[_2_] June 23rd 10 06:04 PM

mcnewsxp wrote:
i have a couple of leather bound sets of mark twain and edgar rice
burroughs. i would like some tips on selling these sets.
tia,
mcnewsxp

Not enough information. There do not appear to be a lot of
leather sets of Mark Twain. Harpers apparently did a nine
volume set in 1899. Is that the set?

I find no indications of a leather set of Edgar Rice
Borroughs, but I am less knowledgeable about him.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen

mcnewsxp June 23rd 10 06:50 PM

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
mcnewsxp wrote:
i have a couple of leather bound sets of mark twain and edgar rice
burroughs. i would like some tips on selling these sets.
tia,
mcnewsxp

Not enough information. There do not appear to be a lot of leather sets
of Mark Twain. Harpers apparently did a nine volume set in 1899. Is that
the set?

I find no indications of a leather set of Edgar Rice Borroughs, but I am
less knowledgeable about him.

--

the sets are in cold storage and have been looked at in a while. i'll get
some more details.