CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arrogant Ebay (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=24778)

Frank Provasek August 6th 03 07:24 AM

Arrogant Ebay

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I thought "customers" were the ones who pay the money. I pay ebay
$200 to $400 a month in fees. I am THEIR customer. The buyers of my
merchandise are MY customers.

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.

Jim August 6th 03 07:44 AM

(Frank Provasek) whines.....

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about snip ad barfinitum

Chalk it up to Karma Frank, er, uh BrickBoy, HorseManis, Donna,
JonBenet.........

Always here for my fellow syngraphist or oenophile.
--=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=--

John Staines August 6th 03 08:00 AM

I msg'd some seller asking if he was prepared to send his item to
Australia.

He replied advising that the ebay auction was only for people in the US,
fair enough no biggy, but he then proceeded to list a number of items
that weren't on ebay that I could purchase (they were exactly the same
as the items he had up for auction). I wasn't very happy that he was
prepared to sell his merchandise to me outside of eBay but I wasn't
entitled/allowed to bid on his auction/s.

Some people are well dodgy.

Cheers

Jim Menning wrote:
"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
y.com...

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of
new stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email
addresses from them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.)

I'd be upset if I was on your mailing list. If every seller I bought
from on Ebay mailed me just once a week, I'd get over 800 extra
emails a week to delete. If your happy customers want to see more of
your merchandise, they can add your name to their favorite seller's
lists.

Your mailings are probably unwanted by many of your "former"
customers. I'd recommend that you stop being a pest to them.

jim menning

Right on, Jim.
I learned that lesson early on. I emailed a guy who bid on an CD that I was
selling another CD by the same artist, and he went through the roof.
Never again did I make that mistake.
But I would NEVER put someone on a "mailing list," especially without first
consulting with them.
Rusty
eBay ID: huskydustyrusty

MindElec August 6th 03 08:01 AM

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:24:04 GMT, (Frank
Provasek) declared:

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I thought "customers" were the ones who pay the money. I pay ebay
$200 to $400 a month in fees. I am THEIR customer. The buyers of my
merchandise are MY customers.

didn't you realize ebay owns the world, we are "their" sellers to
"their" bidders.

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

don't ya just love how someone can file a complaint and then hide from
the effects.

what you need to do frank, is at the bottom of your EOA mail to your
customers ask if they would like to be on your list. if they say yes,
then it's ok in everybodies eyes including ebay.

robert

"I've been long, a long way from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
And drank til I was thirsty again
We went searching through thrift store jungles
Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
And Benny Goodman's corset and pen"

RipCurl August 6th 03 10:39 AM

John Staines wrote:
I wasn't enquiring about what else he had for sale only the item that
was up for auction. A reply of "US only thanks" would have been the
required answer.

MindElec wrote:

Please dont top post and learn to trim

None August 6th 03 10:54 AM

"Frank Provasek" wrote

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

------------
SPAM mailings cost you more bids than you gain.

mj August 6th 03 11:49 AM

Frank Provasek wrote:

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I thought "customers" were the ones who pay the money. I pay ebay
$200 to $400 a month in fees. I am THEIR customer. The buyers of my
merchandise are MY customers.

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

Your point?

hint - You've been spamming and it's obviously not appreciated by at
least one of "your" customers.

JSTONE9352 August 6th 03 01:14 PM

Right on, Jim.
I learned that lesson early on. I emailed a guy who bid on an CD that I was
selling another CD by the same artist, and he went through the roof.
Never again did I make that mistake.
But I would NEVER put someone on a "mailing list," especially without first
consulting with them.
Rusty
eBay ID: huskydustyrusty

Doesn't ebay have some provision about

contacting old customers when you have
something listed that they might be interested in and they give you permssion
to contact them in the future?

I've never done it because I think the chances for misunderstanding is too
great.

Jim August 6th 03 01:21 PM

(Frank Provasek) adds......

That issue was settled years ago.

Years ago Frank? Seemed to have been a point of quandry just months ago during
the last TS blitz.

Maybe you could point us to exactly which thread(s) settled the question as to
whether or not you have masqueraded as 15-20 or more posters here and another
whole group of eBay shills over yonder.

Seems to me the "only" way that could be settled would be a group photo of some
sort, with DFW Police checking valid ID's of every grinning tooth uttering
'cheese'.

Of course I could be wrong and the usual cadre of FP apologists will probably
jump in here any minute now....or not.