CollectingBanter

-   Pens & Pencils (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ink mail order. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=8994)

marlinspike July 7th 03 04:21 AM

Ink mail order.

I got a bottle of quink blue and aurora black (oh yeah, I'm very adventurous
:-) from pendemonium and it got here in one piece.
Richard
"Bernard" wrote in message
om...
Hello, want to see if you kind ladies and gentlemen have any good/bad
experience with getting ink from mail order sources.

We are thinking of trying out Private Reserve Midnight Blue and Aurora
Black. Since we live in Canada, retail stores are a bit limited.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Cheers,
Bernard

john cline ii July 7th 03 11:31 AM

"marlinspike" wrote in message
| I got a bottle of quink blue and aurora black (oh yeah, I'm very
adventurous
| :-) from pendemonium and it got here in one piece.
| Richard

And if that doesn't warm the heart, I don't know what will.

Sam at http://www.pendemonium.com is fantastic, and wraps things so
well (actually her hubbie Frank does!)! I have ink on order there as I
write! Sam and Frank are great people who support the pen shows,
industry and people. I see them as friends, not just merchants!

Another great source for ink (and other things pen, as well) is
http://www.pencity.com Sam referred me to these great folks when I
needed some ink she didn't carry!

I recommend both highly.

Perhaps someone in Canada can also tell you how being outside the USA
impacts purchases from here!

john cline ii who hopes that helps

David Heverly July 7th 03 01:27 PM

Bernard

I've ordered ink from both Pendemonium
(http://www.pendemonium.com/)and Swisher's
(https://secure2.nexternal.com/shared...ount2=95725655).
They both carry Private Reserve and Aurora inks as well as a good
variety of other brands.

I've had excellent experience over the years with both sites and
they're the first places I look when I want to buy something related
to pens. Pendemonium provides an ink color chart as well as reviews
on the the various brands and colors of ink. They will even send you
a copy of the chart if you request it. (I'd suggest that instead of
relying on your monitor, unless your monitor is extremely accurate in
rendering the various shades of color.)

I know that this past winter, Pendemonium made a point of making sure
that the packaging for ink was sufficient to prevent any freezing of
the ink during shipping. Not a problem at the moment.

David
Just adding his two cents.

Bluesea July 7th 03 09:06 PM

"Bernard" wrote in message
om...
Hello, want to see if you kind ladies and gentlemen have any good/bad
experience with getting ink from mail order sources.

We are thinking of trying out Private Reserve Midnight Blue and Aurora
Black. Since we live in Canada, retail stores are a bit limited.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Hi, Bernard.

I've had wonderful experiences with both the Ink Palette
http://www.inkpalette.com and Pendemonium http://www.pendemonium.com.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Anthony Delorenzo July 7th 03 10:31 PM

Hi Bernard,

We are thinking of trying out Private Reserve Midnight Blue and Aurora
Black. Since we live in Canada, retail stores are a bit limited.

Check out this list of Canadian pen stores:
http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/stores1a.html

I have mail-ordered from Charals and Vancouver Pen Shop. I would
highly reccomend the latter - quick and friendly service over the
phone, good prices.

You might also want to look at www.stylo.ca -- they seem to have
a huge selection of products, and you can order on-line if you
can get their site to work (it doesn't for me).

Regards,
Anthony
(Whitehorse, Yukon)

Ron Wilbanks July 7th 03 10:51 PM

I have always used http://www.pendemonium.com/ for my fountain ink
needs. Sam has a excellent, fast, first-rate customer service and she
ships most anywhere. My highest rating ***** stars.

Bernard wrote:
Hello, want to see if you kind ladies and gentlemen have any good/bad
experience with getting ink from mail order sources.

We are thinking of trying out Private Reserve Midnight Blue and Aurora
Black. Since we live in Canada, retail stores are a bit limited.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Cheers,
Bernard

--
Sincerely yours,

Ron Wilbanks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Spam filter: -1 for the real thing!

Bernard Schmitt July 8th 03 12:36 AM

I've found that Ink Pallette is very courtious, helpful, and quick. I've
had no problems with them at all.

Likewise, closer to Canada, I've bought ink from Laywine's. They don't have
an online store, and I can't find their phone number right now, but they've
been good to work with.

Bernie Schmitt