CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   $5 1934 FRN J-Series worth??? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=201807)

Barney January 16th 07 08:58 PM

$5 1934 FRN J-Series worth???

Hi,

I have a friend who has a $5 1934 FRN J-Series green seal. Does not have
the words "In God We Trust".

Wondering what does J-Series mean?

Has been circulated, however it's in good shape and my friend has had it
for over 20 years.

Just wondering the value on something like this is.

Thanks!

Barney

chaox01 January 16th 07 11:12 PM

$5 1934 FRN J-Series worth???

The Federal Reserve System has 12 districts. J represents notes printed
for the Kansas City district. Very Fine circulated worth about $13.00.

Barney January 17th 07 05:51 AM

$5 1934 FRN J-Series worth???

"chaox01" wrote in news:1168989142.863183.10580@
51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

The Federal Reserve System has 12 districts. J represents notes printed
for the Kansas City district. Very Fine circulated worth about $13.00.

Hi Chaox01,

Thanks for the info. The $5 bill is in fact Fine or very fine circulated.
So it's probably worth near the $13 you mention.

The other $5 bill red seal (1953) is in fact pretty circulated however not
too rough. So it's probably worth about $6.50 or so.

Thanks for your help!

Barney