CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bank Find (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=174851)

Geoff Aldrich May 23rd 06 01:29 AM

Bank Find

Hello Group,
I enjoy reading everyone's "found in roll search" and "found in
circulation" posts. Back when I was working in retail, I often had
interesting finds like that. Now that I'm no longer in retail, I don't
have access to as many coins as I used to. In fact, the only things I
miss about those jobs were some of the people and the hunt for good
coins and notes.

However, this past weekend I had one nice find. It's not quite as
thrilling as finding 40% or 90% halves, but it was neat anyway.

I was visiting the main branch of the Milford National Bank in Milford,
MA and I asked one of the tellers there if they had any rolls of halves
or dollars. They didn't have any rolls of either, but one teller had
eight loose dollars and the other teller had fifteen loose dollars. I
ended up buying all twenty-three. All of the coins were Sacagawea
dollars, with a mix of 2000 P&D and 2001 P&D. But I also got something
I did not expect. One of them happened to be a 2006 P! I would guess
that this particular coin was at least an MS-62. No spotting or toning
on this beauty.

Is the mint releasing these to circulation this year? If not, I wonder
where that one came from. I know, I know -- Philadelphia.

Keep up the hunting.

Regards,
Geoffrey