CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A slice of life ~ Poster Stamps ~ 6 euros (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=270684)

rodney April 18th 09 09:51 AM

A slice of life ~ Poster Stamps ~ 6 euros

http://cjoint.com/data/euaBIFHZJi.htm

Victor Manta April 18th 09 12:31 PM

"rodney" wrote in message
http://cjoint.com/data/euaBIFHZJi.htm

"... shops offer ... flags, SS insignia and ..."

I wonder why do they offer SS insignia in Mussolini's home town, because
these are not directly related to Mussolini. I doubt that German tourists
visit this town.

"... his mausoleum is a local tourist destination, as well as a site of
pilgrimage for Italian Neo-Fascists."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predappio

"SS" originates in Schutzstaffel (German for Protective Squadron) and was a
major Nazi organization in Germany.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

--
Victor Manta

CASACUDOR April 18th 09 01:20 PM

On Apr 18, 2:31*pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"rodney" wrote in message

http://cjoint.com/data/euaBIFHZJi.htm

"... shops offer ... flags, SS insignia and ..."

I wonder why do they offer SS insignia in Mussolini's home town, because
these are not directly related to Mussolini. I doubt that German tourists
visit this town.

"... his mausoleum is a local tourist destination, as well as a site of
pilgrimage for Italian Neo-Fascists."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predappio

"SS" originates in Schutzstaffel (German for Protective Squadron) and was a
major Nazi organization in Germany.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

--
Victor Manta

Spanish North Africa:http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/

SS insignia are not only for german turists ! collectors are from
around the world, so..
why not to find them also in Mussolini home town?

best regards,
Anton

Victor Manta April 18th 09 03:36 PM

"rodney" wrote in message

http://cjoint.com/data/euaBIFHZJi.htm

"... shops offer ... flags, SS insignia and ..."

I wonder why do they offer SS insignia in Mussolini's home town, because
these are not directly related to Mussolini. I doubt that German tourists
visit this town.

"... his mausoleum is a local tourist destination, as well as a site of
pilgrimage for Italian
Neo-Fascists."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predappio

"SS" originates in Schutzstaffel (German for Protective Squadron) and was
major Nazi organization in
Germany.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

SS insignia are not only for german turists ! collectors are from
around the world, so..
why not to find them also in Mussolini home town?

Don't know, eventually ask Wikipedia, that writes about "local tourist
destination" (see above, please).

--
Victor Manta