CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Colorized $100 Bill (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=321968)

Drago the Wolf January 27th 13 06:46 AM

New Colorized $100 Bill

Hey guys,

Its been a while. I was just wondering when anyone here thinks the new
colorized $100 bills will be released into circulation. I figure most
of the time new U.S. currency is released, it is usually in the spring
or fall of the year, and the new $100 bill obviously not going to be
released this spring, seeing as, the Treasury and Federal Reserve
annouced a six months notice before the actually release of the new
$100 bill.

One thing I would like to mention is, you know how they "claimed" that
the problem with the new $100 bills was sporatic creasing in the
paper? Well, I told a worker at my local credit union about that
problem and she said "Thats not the real reason they aren't releasing
the new $100s yet, but I can't tell you the real reason" So what do
you guys think "the real reason" is?

Tom