CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SOFTWARE (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25704)

Redburns September 11th 03 09:04 PM

SOFTWARE

My father pass away. I have a case of coins that I need software package to
find the market value for. I pick up a book "A Guide book of United States
coins" but it is so hard to look up. What I am looking for my a software
package that I at type the currency in and the date and give me the market
value. Can you help? Thank you. Please e-mail you ideas to

Ed Hendricks September 11th 03 10:39 PM

"Redburns" wrote in message
om
My father pass away. I have a case of coins that I need software
package to find the market value for. I pick up a book "A Guide book
of United States coins" but it is so hard to look up. What I am
looking for my a software package that I at type the currency in and
the date and give me the market value. Can you help? Thank you.
Please e-mail you ideas to

The animal you look for does not exist. "Market" value, for the most part,
is an ever-changing figure. It varies from place to place and from day to
day and is entirely dependent on the condition and appearance of the
specific coin in question. There are, however, "catalog" values which can
give you a general idea of the *retail* value of a coin if you know it's
grade. For that, if your coins are all U.S., the Red Book that you have is
as good as anything. Your best bet, particularly if you do not know how to
grade coins, is to take those coins in to your local coin shop (or better
yet, a coin show) and get an appraisal from an experienced dealer. If you
have many coins, that appraisal will cost you for the dealer's time and
expertise but it is well worth it to know what kinds of coins you have.

Sorry, I do not respond to this type of inquiry by email. If it is worth
coming here to ask the question, it is worth returning here for the answer.
Besides others may benefit from the answers you get here.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

John Mason September 12th 03 12:54 AM

Like Ed says in his post to you, it's ever changing, but you might want to look
at this software package. I use it and it's a pretty good inventory to use. Get
market updates a couple of times a year, just to use as a fingertip guide to
it's value. Greysheet is the normal reference guide for any coin dealer to
normally use. Hope this will help you out some.

John

Redburns wrote:

My father pass away. I have a case of coins that I need software package to
find the market value for. I pick up a book "A Guide book of United States
coins" but it is so hard to look up. What I am looking for my a software
package that I at type the currency in and the date and give me the market
value. Can you help? Thank you. Please e-mail you ideas to

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Your Friend in Gold Mining......John

Artificial Intelligence is No Match for Natural Stupidity

The Numismasochist September 12th 03 02:22 AM

If you just want to type in the data and see the value, subscribe to
CoinWorld Trends. Try www.coinworld.com . You can then, on your
computer do exactly what you are wanting to do. Even though I have a
red book and a green book and a purple book and an obscure polka
dotted book, I use Trends on the internet quite often to quickly look
at a value of a coin.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:04:31 GMT, "Redburns"
wrote:

My father pass away. I have a case of coins that I need software package to
find the market value for. I pick up a book "A Guide book of United States
coins" but it is so hard to look up. What I am looking for my a software
package that I at type the currency in and the date and give me the market
value. Can you help? Thank you. Please e-mail you ideas to

Mickey