CollectingBanter

-   General (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cheery Order of Merry Thoughts (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=13087)

Sharon October 16th 03 07:12 PM

Cheery Order of Merry Thoughts

I've found a chain with a metal wishbone at one end and a disc at the
other which has the words "Most Cheery Order of Merry Thoughts" on it
and a return address in EC4. Has anyone ever come across one of these
and do you know where and when it originates from.

Mr T August 8th 10 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharon (Post 38301)
I've found a chain with a metal wishbone at one end and a disc at the
other which has the words "Most Cheery Order of Merry Thoughts" on it
and a return address in EC4. Has anyone ever come across one of these
and do you know where and when it originates from.

I also have one of these, mine has the number 30529 it was found in some of my mothers possesions.
I am also interested in finding out the origins of it.
Graham

Melissa January 10th 11 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 655347)
I also have one of these, mine has the number 30529 it was found in some of my mothers possesions.
I am also interested in finding out the origins of it.
Graham

One of these is currently for sale on ebay UK, see http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

According to the seller:

The Most Cheery Order of Merrythoughts was a club created in conjunction with the Daily Chronicle newspaper and this has a membership number 44136 engraved on the back. The medal also has the words If found return to MCOM Chronicle Houce EC4, the address of the Chronicle, and reg and patent numbers.