CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help us save usenet news for Time-Warner customers (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=251168)

Usenet user June 17th 08 12:22 AM

Help us save usenet news for Time-Warner customers

Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

email:

** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **

Jon Purkey June 19th 08 01:29 AM

Help us save usenet news for Time-Warner customers

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:22:10 -0400, Usenet
wrote:

Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

email:

Good luck. Verizon (FiOS) is dropping all but the big8 hierarchies on
June 24th. rec* will still be carried, but not alt.* This change
will certainly be good news for third-party news server providers.

RF June 19th 08 01:42 AM

On Jun 18, 8:29*pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

Good luck. Verizon (FiOS) is dropping all but the big8 hierarchies on
June 24th. *rec* will still be carried, but not alt.* *

I believe that ALT.* IS one of the so-called "big8"

PC[_7_] June 19th 08 01:45 AM

"RF" wrote in message
On Jun 18, 8:29 pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

Good luck. Verizon (FiOS) is dropping all but the big8 hierarchies on
June 24th. rec* will still be carried, but not alt.*

I believe that ALT.* IS one of the so-called "big8"

Nope.

comp.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*
humanities.*

http://www.dailytech.com/Verizon+Spr...ticle12102.htm

RF June 19th 08 03:00 AM

On Jun 18, 8:45*pm, "PC" wrote:
"RF" wrote in message

On Jun 18, 8:29 pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

Good luck. Verizon (FiOS) is dropping all but the big8 hierarchies on
June 24th. rec* will still be carried, but not alt.*

I believe that ALT.* IS one of the so-called "big8"

Nope.

comp.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*
humanities.*

http://www.dailytech.com/Verizon+Spr...lt+Usenet+Hier...

How am I gonna find free porn to download now!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!