CollectingBanter

-   Dolls (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1983 never been opened cabbage patch doll value? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=301095)

Lawrence[_2_] November 19th 10 07:54 AM

1983 never been opened cabbage patch doll value?

I have a first-generation, 1983, Coleco Cabbage Patch Doll new in the
box, never been opened. It is one from the height of the Christmas
1983 craze when nobody could get one, before they were over-
produced. It is not the soft fabric original cabbage patch dolls,
but is the very first wave of vinyl-headed Coleco dolls. The name is
Gordon Dwayne, white male with no hair, a baby blue courderoy outfit
with a matching hat.

"Born" in 1983, this doll should be 27, but he still looks like an
infant to me. ;-)

I am contemplating giving it to my niece as an heirloom gift, but not
sure if it has more investment value. The cellophane windows has come
partly unglued. Will that drastically reduce the value? Thanks!