CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Series information for US Notes? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=144408)

[email protected] September 8th 05 11:31 PM

Series information for US Notes?

Where can I found out the series information for US Notes? For
example, I just found out today that of the three series of the $2
notes (that I'm aware of) they exist for all branches for 1976, but
only for branch 6 on 1995 and branch 9 for 2003 (don't know anything
about series previous to 1976). Where can I found out the same
information for the rest of the notes, $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100.
I've found some information online, but they don't include the most
recent series of 2001 and on. Is there an updated list somewhere?

Thanks!
Scott

Brian Blackwell September 8th 05 11:46 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Where can I found out the series information for US Notes? For
example, I just found out today that of the three series of the $2
notes (that I'm aware of) they exist for all branches for 1976, but
only for branch 6 on 1995 and branch 9 for 2003 (don't know anything
about series previous to 1976). Where can I found out the same
information for the rest of the notes, $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100.
I've found some information online, but they don't include the most
recent series of 2001 and on. Is there an updated list somewhere?

Thanks!
Scott

http://www.fstctycurr.com

has the most info that I know of. Under 'series update' on the left side.

Scott Stevenson September 9th 05 01:09 AM

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:46:35 GMT, "Brian Blackwell"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Where can I found out the series information for US Notes? For
example, I just found out today that of the three series of the $2
notes (that I'm aware of) they exist for all branches for 1976, but
only for branch 6 on 1995 and branch 9 for 2003 (don't know anything
about series previous to 1976). Where can I found out the same
information for the rest of the notes, $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100.
I've found some information online, but they don't include the most
recent series of 2001 and on. Is there an updated list somewhere?

Thanks!
Scott

http://www.fstctycurr.com

has the most info that I know of. Under 'series update' on the left side.

You can also go to http://www.uspapermoney.info/, which has info
going back to Series 1928.

take care,
Scott