CollectingBanter

-   8 Track Tapes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   RCA SOUNDTAPE MAGAZINE LOADED CARTRIDGE RECORDER-w/stereo single ended tube amp-for SALE (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=227344)

trippin-2-8-trak September 21st 07 12:10 PM

RCA SOUNDTAPE MAGAZINE LOADED CARTRIDGE RECORDER-w/stereo single ended tube amp-for SALE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5185&ssPa geN
ame=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

$200 opener

BIN $350

serviced- it works !

great stereo tube sound !

DeserTBoB September 21st 07 05:21 PM

RCA SOUNDTAPE MAGAZINE LOADED CARTRIDGE RECORDER-w/stereo single ended tube amp-for SALE

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:10:24 -0400, "trippin-2-8-trak"
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay

William W Western September 21st 07 07:20 PM

RCA SOUNDTAPE MAGAZINE LOADED CARTRIDGE RECORDER-w/stereo single ended tube amp-for SALE

I was surprised to see somone already bidding on this at $200, but I guess
including the tinypic helps reel 'em in, eh?

trippin-2-8-track September 21st 07 10:46 PM

On Sep 21, 2:20 pm, "William W Western" wrote:
I was surprised to see somone already bidding on this at $200, but I guess
including the tinypic helps reel 'em in, eh?

there's a number of factors at work the

#1. working SCP-2 stereo machines are VERY rare and command a decent
price if working properly. Even a stereo small portable will hit
$200. reason: they sound pretty good, stereo @ 3.75 IPS.

#2, this one has been tuned up- i.e. main idler cog turned down on a
lathe, and pinchroller rebult and shaved to spec. Then it was plug
and go.

#3, the single ended stereo tube amp w/6v6's inside, is worth $200
alone. last month I pulled a nearly identical unit from a phonograph
RCA console and it BIN'd at $200

#4. the format has a steadily growing, small, but loyal following on
Ebay. The players are a great toy to mess with.

DeserTBoB September 22nd 07 05:36 PM

RCA SOUNDTAPE MAGAZINE LOADED CARTRIDGE RECORDER-w/stereo single ended tube amp-for SALE

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:46:24 -0700, trippin-2-8-track

#1. working SCP-2 stereo machines are VERY rare and command a decent
price if working properly. Even a stereo small portable will hit
$200. reason: they sound pretty good, stereo @ 3.75 IPS. snip

Compared to what? A tin can and string?

#2, this one has been tuned up- i.e. main idler cog turned down on a
lathe, and pinchroller rebult and shaved to spec. Then it was plug
and go. snip

If you did the work, it's probably running off-speed. Knowing that
you don't have any equipment, knowledge or references to measure tape
speed, I'd bet this is the case.

#3, the single ended stereo tube amp w/6v6's inside, is worth $200
alone. last month I pulled a nearly identical unit from a phonograph
RCA console and it BIN'd at $200 snip

Well, no one ever said there weren't other morons like you out there,
Noodles. The only difference is, they have money (and are soon parted
from it) and you don't.

#4. the format has a steadily growing, small, but loyal following on
Ebay. The players are a great toy to mess with. snip

"Toy" is right.