CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   1970 small date cent (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=293170)

howard June 18th 10 07:56 PM

1970 small date cent

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...date2photo.jpg

My 70 year old eyes are not sure if this is a "winner"

any help would be appreciated

TIA

Howard

Jerry Dennis June 19th 10 06:22 AM

1970 small date cent

On Jun 18, 2:56*pm, howard inhockdeep@peakdotorg wrote:
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...0smalldate2pho...

My 70 year old eyes are not sure if this is a "winner"

any help would be appreciated

TIA

Howard

Comparing your photo with those in the Red Book (2010 ed.), I regret
to inform yours is a large date. The distinguishing feature is the
location of the "7". A small date cent has a "high 7" (the top of the
"7" is even with the top of the "0"). The large date has a "low
7" (the top of the "7" is slightly below the top of the "0").

Jerry

howard June 19th 10 04:34 PM

1970 small date cent

Jerry,

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Howard

Richard L. Hall June 21st 10 04:31 AM

1970 small date cent

Doesn't look like one to me. For it to be a small date (aka hi-7) the 970
must all be the same height. Check my website and you will see what one
looks like.

http://coins.richlh.com/Large_and_Small_Dates.htm

Hope this helps.

--
Richard
My coin Links:

howard June 21st 10 05:25 PM

1970 small date cent

THANKS RICHARD

more sets to check for me

Relayer June 25th 10 09:48 PM

1970 small date cent

On Jun 21, 11:25*am, "howard" fishfeeder@gmail(dot)com wrote:
THANKS RICHARD

more sets to check for me

LOL...it looked larger to my than normal...