CollectingBanter

-   Pens & Pencils (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pen/Pencil Collection Like Bicycles (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=252807)

javawizard July 13th 08 07:14 PM

Pen/Pencil Collection Like Bicycles

Hi Folks,
I'm just starting to think about building a page like www.odd-bikes.com
or www.odd-tools.com but for pens and pencils. Does anyone have any
ideas for additions to such a page?
Thanks,
- Jeff

Barutan Seijin July 14th 08 04:33 AM

Am 13 Jul 2008, schrieb:

Hi Folks, I'm just starting to think about building a page like
www.odd-bikes.com or www.odd-tools.com but for pens and
pencils. Does anyone have any ideas for additions to such a page?
Thanks, - Jeff

The combo pens/pencils would be a good start. You could also put in
some odd fillers or pens with odd nibs, like the Parker T1 or the Myu
or the Pilot 742/3 FA.

Brian Ketterling July 14th 08 08:56 AM

Pen/Pencil Collection Like Bicycles

In ,
Barutan Seijin wrote:

Am 13 Jul 2008, schrieb:

Hi Folks, I'm just starting to think about building a page like
www.odd-bikes.com or www.odd-tools.com but for pens and
pencils. Does anyone have any ideas for additions to such a page?
Thanks, - Jeff

The combo pens/pencils would be a good start. You could also put in
some odd fillers or pens with odd nibs, like the Parker T1 or the Myu
or the Pilot 742/3 FA.

Also:

- Japanese "jumbos" on one hand, and the Conway Stewart "Dinky" on the other

- the Rotring "Roll-Kuli" and Osmiroid italic points for left-handers, both
with bent noses for ease of use

- magnetic pens and pens with magnetic caps

Brian

nikjem August 18th 10 07:41 AM

I like the idea but 3 days seems an awfully long time for it to become permanent.

As an aside, I hate to be a pedant, but how can something be "quite unique".!

Surely it's either unique or not.