CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   London EC machine postmark 1906 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322766)

[email protected] February 11th 14 08:40 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

Good evening,

I try again my luck (Literal translation !).

About this (Krag ?) postmark :

http://cjoint.com/14fe/DBlvJptqc27.htm

Six bars are mentioned in the "collect british postmarks" 7th edition, but here are five...

Would you help me ?

Thanks and best regards,

LGL38

Sir F.A. Rien[_2_] February 12th 14 03:54 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

I try again my luck (Literal translation !).
About this (Krag ?) postmark :
http://cjoint.com/14fe/DBlvJptqc27.htm
Six bars are mentioned in the "collect british postmarks" 7th edition, but here are five...

Krag -=straight line=- cancels come in 5, 6 and 7 bars.
The 7 bar is the first trial and is 17.5 mm high. Two are 18.5 mm
high, a 5 bar and a 6 bar. There are also 19 mm and 20 mm 6 bar Krag
cancels.

So a total of 5 types for the -=straight line=- type.

There's also 4 wavy line types, all with 5 lines.

HTH!

[email protected] February 13th 14 08:58 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

Collecting british postmarks is as attractive as collecting french ones !
But which catalogue do you refer ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
LGL38

Sir F.A. Rien[_2_] February 14th 14 04:25 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

Collecting british postmarks is as attractive as collecting french ones !
But which catalogue do you refer ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
LGL38

Unfortunately with all the varieties, ther is no -=one=- 'catalogue'.

In general either the full Alcock & Holland, or the "British Postmarks
- Shorth History and Guide" will work for -=types=-.

For the Krag, as it's a machine cancel, I used Peach's "UK Machine
Marks"

For the Barred Numerals, it's clearly John Parmenter's massive
multi-volumne works.

"Special Event Postmarks" by Pearson covers a specialized area.

Pre-Stamp, the "County Catalogues" by Willcocks & Jay

To top it off, there's a number of small booklets, specializing in
limited areas, such as the Spoons.

[email protected] February 15th 14 08:38 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

Thanks a lot.
For french machine postmarks we often refer to :
- "L'oblitération mécanique en France" (by Yvon Nouazé Tome I 2006, Tome II 2010), which give many technical elements about the different machine types
- "Catalogue des oblitérations mécaniques de France" (by Gérard Dreyfuss, with values).
I was to buy "Collect British postmarks", last edition, but it seems to be a little bit "short"...
Best regards,
LGL38

Droger Jean-Paul February 15th 14 09:14 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

a exprimé avec précision :
Thanks a lot.
For french machine postmarks we often refer to :
- "L'oblitération mécanique en France" (by Yvon Nouazé Tome I 2006, Tome II
2010), which give many technical elements about the different machine types -
"Catalogue des oblitérations mécaniques de France" (by Gérard Dreyfuss, with
values). I was to buy "Collect British postmarks", last edition, but it
seems to be a little bit "short"... Best regards, LGL38

for european people look by veratrinder to buy books and catalogues
about stamps collection!

He

http://veratrinder.org/catalogues-bo...knfcc4njm6lka3

Have a nice sunday.

JP

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

[email protected] February 16th 14 07:06 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

Unlike Amazon, books seem to be avalaible !
I still wait a book bought on Amazon on Decembre 6th, 2013... "not yet dispatched"...
Thank you Jean-Pierre.

Sir F.A. Rien[_2_] February 17th 14 05:08 PM

London EC machine postmark 1906

Unlike Amazon, books seem to be avalaible !
I still wait a book bought on Amazon on Decembre 6th, 2013... "not yet dispatched"...
Thank you Jean-Pierre.

when you buy from an Amazon, you need to check and see if she if
fullfilling or passing it off to a niece or cousine.

ALWAYS check the lines of the description.
"Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."
"Sold by M.T. and Fulfilled by Amazon"
"Dispatched from and sold by ExpressPro."

Makes a bloody big difference!