CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   17th Century German Bible (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=309496)

debbie slusser March 2nd 11 02:58 PM

17th Century German Bible

I have a German Bible from the 17th Century and wanted to find out the value. Could someone please advise me as how to do so? It is hardbound with a couple pictures and in fairly good shape!

Thanks!

Don Phillipson[_2_] March 2nd 11 09:36 PM

17th Century German Bible

"debbie slusser" wrote in
message .. .

I have a German Bible from the 17th Century and wanted to find out the
value. Could someone please advise me as how to do so? It is hardbound
with a couple pictures and in fairly good shape!

Generally, printed bibles even of this age are not worth much,
because they are not rare. You should collect all the bibliographic
detail (date, place of publication, etc.) then start googling for
similarities.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Francis A. Miniter[_2_] March 3rd 11 10:43 PM

17th Century German Bible

On 3/2/2011 16:36 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
"debbie om wrote in
message .. .

I have a German Bible from the 17th Century and wanted to find out the
value. Could someone please advise me as how to do so? It is hardbound
with a couple pictures and in fairly good shape!

Generally, printed bibles even of this age are not worth much,
because they are not rare. You should collect all the bibliographic
detail (date, place of publication, etc.) then start googling for
similarities.

Publisher and year of publication are the two most important
criteria. Try AddALL.com for information.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen