CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Best way to store paper currency (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=254253)

Robert[_9_] August 7th 08 04:51 AM

Best way to store paper currency

I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to store paper currency at
home. I've looked at waterproof/fireproof/security safes, but am
concerned with possiby damaging the note because of the airtight nature
of the safe. Also concerned with humidity. Thanks!

Matthew Brealey August 9th 08 09:17 PM

On 7 Aug, 04:51, "Robert" wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to store paper currency at
home. I've looked at waterproof/fireproof/security safes, but am
concerned with possiby damaging the note because of the airtight nature
of the safe. Also concerned with humidity. Thanks!

where do you live?

Is it very humid?

Do you have particularly old or valuable currency?

It is possible to seal the notes in inert plastic, personally I just
use currency albums (in theory you should use mylar, but modern uPVC
(without plasticizers) is not harmful to paper).