CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Decent Canadian Find At My Bank Today (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=256548)

scottishmoney September 9th 08 10:29 PM

A Decent Canadian Find At My Bank Today

I was on the prowl for older FRN's and Ikes, they were skint of them, but
they did have these come across yesterday:

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmon...nadiandosh.jpg

I have never gotten 1954's in circulation before, let alone 8 of them. The
$1 and $2 denominations are now obsolete in Canada, and I think it was a bit
interesting that the bank even took them in a deposit.

--
My Website on Numismatics - Scottish in Particular:

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmoney

Paul September 16th 08 06:17 AM

A Decent Canadian Find At My Bank Today

A family member found a bundle of 230 $1 bills stashed away for 20
years. Included 5 1974 $2, 1 replacement 1974 $1, 3 1954 $1 and the rest
1974 1$. Nice little find to sort through.

scottishmoney September 16th 08 01:39 PM

Paul wrote:
Very nice find. Do the 54s have the devils face in her hair or the newer
design?

Unfortunately no devil in the hair notes, but a nice find all the while.
That bank teller has been good to me with these kinds of finds, yesterday
she got a BU 1922 Peace dollar in appreciation.