CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I didn't find any new $5 Bills, yet, but could someone clearsomething up for me? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=244724)

[email protected] March 13th 08 08:11 PM

I didn't find any new $5 Bills, yet, but could someone clearsomething up for me?

I tried looking at two banks, and my credit union, but no luck.

However, the BEP is already selling uncut sheets of the new $5s.

By the way, whats the story behind the new $5? I mean, shouldn't the
series year have to be Series 2007 or 2008? Because, I thought when
they changed the design (or Secretary and Treasuer, or just the
Secretary) they had to change the series year, by law, and I know
that
there were already non-colorized Series 2006 $5 bills, so what gives?
(I'm suprised that the colored $5s were not at least changed to
Series
2006A (even though a suffix letter is usually reserved for when only
the Treasuer changes) But they threw a curveball similar to this when
the colorized $20 bill came out. (The colorized $20 was Series 2004,
but came out in 2003, when, by law, I thought a currency note could
not be released until the date of the series year) Can someone clear
this up for me? ( On both the new $5 and new $20 issues)