CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   U.S. Mint Wildlife Refuge Silver Medals... (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35133)

MWelbornjr July 15th 04 02:57 AM

U.S. Mint Wildlife Refuge Silver Medals...

I have all 4 and while they are not horrible...the designs really are not that
good. Very fuzzy and generic looking. Yet at $29.50 these cost as much as a
Franklin Mint Coin of the Realm or Medal cost in recent years. I have attached
two links to pics of two FM Wildlife related Coin of the Realm Collections
recently minted and issued at the same price per coin as these US Mint Medals.
Just comparing the quality and detail of both makes me wonder why the US Mint
Medals sold out and why they sell for a small premium on Ebay. Is it
like..."well as long as they are from the US Mint...they can be ugly and we
will still love em"?? Now to be fair...I sold some loose Franklin Mint BVI
Endangered Wildlife Coins on Ebay for more than issue price which is great..but
FM sold only a few thousand of each set while US Mint sold many more of these
medals. Just look how much better the FM sets are.

http://members.aol.com/mwelbornjr/FMBVI.jpg
http://members.aol.com/mwelbornjr/FMTC.jpg