CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Postmark (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=274017)

Peter Baumann[_2_] June 10th 09 09:57 AM

Postmark

Hello everybody!

Found a postmark "Quarantain Station Manly N.S.W."

I did mot find information on Google or Yahoo.
It was used on a letter to Norway in 1914. Who can submit more
information about that?

Peter
--
No Gates - no Bill!

rodney June 10th 09 10:47 AM

Postmark

G'day Pete,

read all about it here...................
http://www.manlyquarantine.com/History.htm

HTH

Peter Baumann[_2_] June 10th 09 11:53 AM

Postmark

rodney schrieb:
G'day Pete,

read all about it here...................
http://www.manlyquarantine.com/History.htm

HTH

"Peter Baumann" wrote in message
Hello everybody!

Found a postmark "Quarantain Station Manly N.S.W."

I did mot find information on Google or Yahoo.
It was used on a letter to Norway in 1914. Who can submit more
information about that?

Peter
--
No Gates - no Bill!

Thank's Rodney - nice site and very informative.
Of course it was NOT a postmark, this letter was sent by an inhabitant
of that quarantain station.:-)

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

rodney June 10th 09 12:00 PM

Postmark

It makes no never mind, Pete,
I would suggest that is a very interesting cover
a keeper!
I have never seen that aux marking before.

"Peter Baumann"

Peter Baumann[_2_] June 10th 09 12:20 PM

Postmark

rodney schrieb:
It makes no never mind, Pete,
I would suggest that is a very interesting cover
a keeper!
I have never seen that aux marking before.

"Peter Baumann"
Thank's Rodney - nice site and very informative.
Of course it was NOT a postmark, this letter was sent by an inhabitant
of that quarantain station.:-)
Peter

Well I try to snatch it - there is a two and a half d Roo, 1. watermark
on it. He wants 50A$ for the gem.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

rodney June 10th 09 01:05 PM

Postmark

Goodness,
never paid that for anything in my collection.
(speaks volumes for my collection huh? :)

If it ends up under your guardianship, would love a scan :)

"Peter Baumann"

Peter Baumann[_2_] June 10th 09 02:58 PM

Postmark

rodney schrieb:
Goodness,
never paid that for anything in my collection.
(speaks volumes for my collection huh? :)

If it ends up under your guardianship, would love a scan :)

"Peter Baumann"
Well I try to snatch it - there is a two and a half d Roo, 1. watermark
on it. He wants 50A$ for the gem.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

He he, I did it - it's MINE! When I get in my greedy fingers, you shall
get your scan.:-)

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

rodney June 11th 09 02:38 AM

Postmark

Yes, sadly, but even more importantly,
the 5/- Bridge

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
"rodney" found these unused words:

Goodness,
never paid that for anything in my collection.
(speaks volumes for my collection huh? :)

Explains the lack of a May 7th Mulready, then?

Pierre Courtiade June 22nd 09 10:52 PM

Postmark

Peter Baumann a écrit :

He he, I did it - it's MINE! When I get in my greedy fingers, you
shall get your scan.:-)

Congratulations, Peter.
I would love a scan as well !

--