CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   penny?????? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139700)

bobby davis August 3rd 05 06:34 PM

penny??????

i have this penny same size of a nickel ? everything is
correct . no marking to indicate it a toy coin or copy stamped on it .
thanks

PC August 3rd 05 06:49 PM

"bobby davis" wrote in message
i have this penny same size of a nickel ? everything is
correct . no marking to indicate it a toy coin or copy stamped on it .

Cool find! Got a pic?

Anita August 3rd 05 07:07 PM

"bobby davis" wrote in message
i have this penny same size of a nickel ? everything is
correct . no marking to indicate it a toy coin or copy stamped on it .
thanks

Can you read the year? It sounds like it is a large cent from the 1800's.

Anita

Bob Flaminio August 3rd 05 09:51 PM

bobby davis wrote:
i have this penny same size of a nickel ? everything is
correct . no marking to indicate it a toy coin or copy stamped on it
. thanks

Does it have a portrait of the Queen on it?

--
Bob

bobby davis August 4th 05 04:14 AM

folks iam very sorry . i did not finsh the details it a 1999 penny ,
sometime's i have a case of stress amineisa . once agian i am very
sorry.

Jerry Dennis August 4th 05 04:39 AM

bobby davis wrote:
folks iam very sorry . i did not finsh the details it a 1999 penny ,
sometime's i have a case of stress amineisa . once agian i am very
sorry.

Fret not, my friend. A lot of us have what we lovingly refer to as
"senior moments." :-) My main squeeze's daughter has some "fun
coins" that are quite a bit larger than the genuine article. Her
Lincoln cent is a copper alloy and about the size of a silver dollar.

Jerry

Lee August 4th 05 02:39 PM

If thew coin itself is larger than normal, but the 'DESIGN' is the
right size, you probably have an error coin.

Lee C.