CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=319832)

mpstamps November 11th 11 06:18 PM

Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962

Hello,

I got several local overprints from these issue. Most have unreadable
postmarks. I would like to know from which city/region they are. Is
here any Algeria expert who could help me to identify them? Then I
would made a scan. Or does anybody know a resource on the net? Could
not find any so far.

Regards and thanks for help

Manuel

Pierre COURTIADE[_6_] November 11th 11 08:33 PM

mpstamps a écrit :
Hello,

I got several local overprints from these issue. Most have unreadable
postmarks. I would like to know from which city/region they are. Is
here any Algeria expert who could help me to identify them? Then I
would made a scan. Or does anybody know a resource on the net? Could
not find any so far.

Regards and thanks for help

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

These stamps were issued in 1962 from JUL 5 to OCT 31 by newly
independant Algeria, used French stamps which were overprinted EA (for
Etat Algérien).

They were superseded on NOV 1st by a set of five designs showing local
scenes and inscribed "République Algérienne" in both French and Arabic.

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

mpstamps November 11th 11 09:57 PM

Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962

Hi,

thanks for answer.

I have seen that there is an "official" EA-overprint, which is also
listed in the catalogues. But there are many cities/regions which
issues their own local EA handstamp overprints. I would like to
identify them. I have about 40 overprinted stamps and all I know is
that they do not belong to the official but to the local issue.

Best wishes

Manuel

Droger Jean-Paul November 13th 11 11:29 AM

Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962

Il se trouve que mpstamps a formulé :
Hi,

thanks for answer.

I have seen that there is an "official" EA-overprint, which is also
listed in the catalogues. But there are many cities/regions which
issues their own local EA handstamp overprints. I would like to
identify them. I have about 40 overprinted stamps and all I know is
that they do not belong to the official but to the local issue.

Best wishes

Manuel

Yes you are right, but it don't exist a catalogue that you can find
easily now!!

I remember it existed (perhaps still exis a french philatic association
that studied these over ptinted stamps!!

I'll ask on French writing forum and will again if I get an answer for
you!!

Best wishes

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

Droger Jean-Paul November 13th 11 11:45 AM

Après mûre réflexion, Droger Jean-Paul a écrit :
Il se trouve que mpstamps a formulé :
Hi,

thanks for answer.

I have seen that there is an "official" EA-overprint, which is also
listed in the catalogues. But there are many cities/regions which
issues their own local EA handstamp overprints. I would like to
identify them. I have about 40 overprinted stamps and all I know is
that they do not belong to the official but to the local issue.

Best wishes

Manuel

Yes you are right, but it don't exist a catalogue that you can find easily
now!!

I remember it existed (perhaps still exis a french philatic association that
studied these over ptinted stamps!!

I'll ask on French writing forum and will again if I get an answer for you!!

Best wishes

I have only found yjid on Amazone:

http://www.amazon.fr/Surcharges-prov...1184573&sr=1-3

But they don't have the book to sell now!!

Are you perhaps member from APS? If yes look if this book is in her
library!!

I continue to search!!

Droger Jean-Paul November 13th 11 11:53 AM

Droger Jean-Paul a écrit :
[...]

I have found some information about French stamp association that
ALGERIE as topic! You'll find name and adresse he

http://www.ffap.net/Regions/Assoc.ph...&PHPSESSID=705
the mail of Jacques SAUTER is : , but I don't
know if he reads or writes English!!

bc92[_2_] November 13th 11 02:25 PM

Le 11/11/2011 19:18, mpstamps a écrit :
Hello,

I got several local overprints from these issue. Most have unreadable
postmarks. I would like to know from which city/region they are. Is
here any Algeria expert who could help me to identify them? Then I
would made a scan. Or does anybody know a resource on the net? Could
not find any so far.

Regards and thanks for help

Manuel

Manuel, this thread will be useful, perhaps :
http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32230

--
Regards, Bruno

bc92[_2_] November 13th 11 02:34 PM

Le 13/11/2011 15:32, bc92 a écrit :
Le 13/11/2011 15:25, bc92 wrote :

Manuel, this thread will be useful, perhaps :
http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32230

I meant this one :

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32230

THIS one !
http://collections.conceptbb.com/t47...s-ea-d-algerie

--
Cordialement, Bruno

mpstamps November 16th 11 10:09 AM

Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962

THANKS A LOT for all your good information. Will buy one of these
catalogues. Thanks again. Best wishes. Manuel